Any electrician's or plummer's in here?

verse

I know this is a real long shot. So here's the jist of it though.

We have started to look for a house, we need something with at least 2-3 acres and a barn/pasture for horses. We've been looking around for a little while just waiting for something good to come up. We still have about 6 months on our apt lease anyhow, but we just found this house. It has 11 acres, 1700 sq/ft of living area, 6 stall horse barn, tack room, and a pasture. The only catch is, the housing area has no electricity or running water. There is a well and water going to the barn for the horses. The home is owned by an amish family, so it's a well built house.

I'm just looking to see if any of you have an estimate on the cost of running electricity and plumming throughout the house. Some of the things I know I could do myself and my brother is a certified electrician for the state. Any estimates??

It's in Circleville. My budget is somewhere between $15-25k to get the plumming and electricity done. I mean it's a 1700 sq/ft home with 11 acres. 11 acres of land is worth more than the asking price.

my GF can do the plumbing but she starts at 75/hr w/o materials. I can ask her if she thinks this is a good idea for you.

brb......

I didnt know you dated a plumber and all this time ive had to pay people to fix leaks and stuff HUH!?!?!?

I'm just asking all your opinions if this would be something you'd try to get into and if it could be done for $15-25k? My brother is an electrician and I could probably do a lot of it myself as well. The plumming is what's going to kill me I'd guess.

Ya plumbing and electric work is something you do when you build a house. In my house it doesn't have grounded electrical outlets anywhere in the house. I was told it would take a lot of work to run a ground wire from every outlet in my house. I am sure it will be twice as hard to create drops all over the house in between the drywall or whatever it is.

Also my bathroom piping was leaking recently. I had to tear out part of the wall were my shower piping was. I don't know if the house you are looking at is the same as mine but with mine the walls were made weird. Apparently this is how they made them in the 50s. There was a layer of cement, then a layer of chicken wire, then a bigger layer of cement, then very thick tiles over top. Removing the wall was painful because it was heavy as fuck. I ended up removing all the walls and the beautiful tile so I could put up a new wall with drywall. All that just to remove the shower pipe and fixtures.

Now my bathroom looks like a motel because I had to install that Plastic 3 piece wrap around the drywall. =(

Just sounds like lots of work and $$$. If you have it then go for it. Having lots of land is a good thing times.