Help in choosing rear end gears.

Guest hotrodmama024

Guest hotrodmama024

I am needing some help on the best set up for my rear end. I am going though rear def gaskets like crazy. I also know when i bought my Camaro they doubled the gasket before then sold it to me. There isnt as many medal shavings this time around, but i obviously need to put better gears in and maybe new girdle. I am thinking that i wont be adding to many more mods other then the headers, and a new clutch.

Help please...

Thanks

Guest hotrodmama024
I have never driven a 390 geared car but was considering them before i got a complete built 373 rear for my current car.

Do you like it on your set up?

Do you like it on your set up?

The 373s that im talking about arent in yet but I have had other mustangs with 373s in them and it was great not high rpm reallly on freeway but great all around huge upgrade on the cars in the past i love it and would reccomend them all day long.

You Mustang retards don't even bother responding with your five-speeds. "Go 3.73, blah blah blah, yadda, yadda, yadda." Like going from factory 3.42s to aftermarket 3.73s would help a whole helluva lot :rolleyes:

4.10s for the T-56-equipped F-Body. Moving to tech only because you don't know any better, Leilani. Freebie.

Eric, they don't make 3.90s for our cars.

I would not put a dime into the stock 10 bolt. Don't listen to Ant and his I have xxx passes in my 500+ hp car on a "built" 10 bolt. He made a deal with Satan which is why it is still alive. Unless you have to replace the gears in there I would put the money away for a real rear end.

I would not put a dime into the stock 10 bolt. Don't listen to Ant and his I have xxx passes in my 500+ hp car on a "built" 10 bolt. He made a deal with Satan which is why it is still alive. Unless you have to replace the gears in there I would put the money away for a real rear end.

Four years, 50+ passes on 1.6x 60' and 500+rwhp later on a beefed up 10-bolt :)