Online Stock Trading

Drewhop

Anyone have any personal experience with online stock trading programs. If so which ones to recommend. Least trouble so on so forth.

Ive looked at the big ones Etrade/TDameritrade but there are a few that look large that i have not heard of. KingTrade looked promising but i would hate to invest in something unstable.

Any personal or professional opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

I use Scottrade. $7 dollar stock trade fees and free mutual fund trades if they are in there list of over 10,000 funds that qualify for it. I do some swing trading on it. Also if you want to learn alot go to investopedia.com to open an account on there real market simulator and also to read all there articles and other info. There are also a few others that are nearly 100% free, but they usually don't stay free for long. I went with scottrade because they have a couple local offices and if things get really messed up I can go yell at a real person. If you got any more questions I'll do what I can.

Evan

If you wanna throw some money at something now and see what happens get in on budwieser (ticker BUD) now. Alot of the day traders I talk in forums with like buying it at around $49.50 per share and then dumping it at over $50. I guess its a pretty consistent stock for doing that and with all the news scaring off the dumber investors its now down below $48. It'll be back above $50 again once the smoke clears from the earnings reports over the next few days/weeks. On tip I can give you and that I didn't follow myself this time around (kicking myself for it now,) is to try not to trade much around the quarterly earnings dates. If anything holding out until the prices fall and then jumping in could be a good bet. At least then I wouldn't be waiting for things to get back to the levels they were at Last Monday when I held onto Fifth Third and another really small company to long. I coulda walked away with some nice profit and then bought back in today, but I was a dumbass. Oh well its always a learning experience. "Never swing for the fences."

Also try superior investor as a forum to read posts on. Its pretty good for info. Quite a close nit group of day traders that don't have anything better to do than trade and play tennis:-)

Evan

Today was a tough day.

I use ameritrade.

Werd. I use Fidelity because that's where my company's 401k is through too.

I'm still kicking myself...I sold Apple at 101 a few moths ago when that was the new high. I took a pretty decent gain on it and it looked like a good decision for about 2 weeks. I tried to rebuy at 89 but it missed by a few pennies. :(

My uncle has been with TDameritrade and is probably going to switch now unless he can talk them into some competitive rates vs scottrade and most others. About any of them will be the same. The main difference between online systems is that some are "Online stock brokers" and some our large investment firms with offices and just happen to provide online services. The larger firms like scottrade since I'm most familar with it usually have very up to the second tickers that you can have running on your PC if your going to do any day trading. Very good access to stock data (ie charts, SEC forms, and usually some type of gain/loss tracker to help make accounting at tax time easier.)

I guess my suggestion is at least sign up with one of the big guys to get great info and expert help if necessary and also sign up with one of the super low price online brokers to do your trading if you wanna keep transaction fees to a minimum. Lots of guys do this who do hundreds of trades per year. The most it would cost you with alot of the bigger guys is that you'd have to put up like $500 in an account to get started and you could just open an IRA with that account or something and get the tax deductions from investing in it.

BTW yeah all my stuffs in the red except good'ole Budweiser as well. I had been doing great going in and out on some others lately, but everyone got all scared off by bad news from banks.

Evan

Housing, mortgage, and credit industries are bringing everyone down. The good news is, companys that arn't affect by those industries should bounce next week. Tech, pharmaceutical, oil, soft goods (pepsi, kellogg's, etc) should all be ok. Stay away from the financials until the fed cuts interests rates.