Need 2 Floor Jacks

Martin

I seriously have know idea what subject this should go under so moderators please help me out.

I need to borrow 2 floor jacks for putting my tranny back together.last time i used a skateboard and 2 standard jacks and the transmission ended up falling on janszens arm.If i brake something ill buy it. 2 small floor jacks would be fine. i would like them for this week maybe monday-wednessday at the latest.

Thanks,

chris

you mean you only have the car on 2 jackstands? or do you consider a set 4? i have mine up on 4 still, since i'm doing other things, but the only thing I needed a jack for after getting the car on the stands was to raise the back of the motor level again to slide the input shaft in the housing. other than that it wasn't needed. took me about 7hrs start to finish on saturday, not bad for my first time.

the only thing I needed a jack for after getting the car on the stands was to raise the back of the motor level again to slide the input shaft in the housing.

a set to me equals 2. when you buy jackstands they come in a pair unless you get the premium package. so in otherwords what you just said is that i do need a floor jack for easy install. i need to slide the tailshaft into the bellhousing component while the car is uneven. dude i realy dont want to argue with you. i just would like to borrow two floor jacks to be secure. i can do it with just one.

i need a floor jack. turns out my friends nieghboor might let me borrow his. i have 2 jack stands because my dad only bought 2. i have all the right tools. i have the knowledge now to put the tranny back together.i already took it apart.Its a manual T5 transmission.the best way to learn is to do and not just let someone else do it for you. can you send me a pm with your number so i can call you if i need your floor jack.