The best drummer in the world!

ChevyMan1972

Everyone,

I just did a search on google vid's for "Neil Peart" and if anyone know who this guy is hands down the best freakin jammer. He makes it look so easy! I looked at most of the drum solo's on google and there are some good ones for sure but he win's hands down :)

Just thought I would share...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6250430926403337645&q=Drum+solo&total=25866&start=20&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=6

Daniel

Guest 614Streets

Neil pert is sweet as hell on the sticks. I would agree its likely that pert is the best well known technical drummer alive but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYpR5iw9F1M

I heard this same sounds as a child , my dad was a professional drummer until shortly after the arrival of his first child my sister , taught lessons in his studio , played in a band etc. In the video is exactly how fast my dad's hands when and he played the same way , big band and jazz in Philadelphia , east coast.

In the drummers world Buddy Rich is King because his was still is, his control was perfect. Drumming 101 and a life dedicated strictly to it.

impossible argument to prove...but still hits home with me. All mentioned are good drummers.

IMO, if you want one of the best technical drummers out there look up Dave Weckl. He's very talented at ghost notes and goofy timing.

• 2 weeks later...
Neil pert is sweet as hell on the sticks. I would agree its likely that pert is the best well known technical drummer alive but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYpR5iw9F1M

I heard this same sounds as a child , my dad was a professional drummer until shortly after the arrival of his first child my sister , taught lessons in his studio , played in a band etc. In the video is exactly how fast my dad's hands when and he played the same way , big band and jazz in Philadelphia , east coast.

In the drummers world Buddy Rich is King because his was still is, his control was perfect. Drumming 101 and a life dedicated strictly to it.

but...

in one of his last televised performances back in the mid-80s Buddy Rich on the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson (an avid drummer himself) told Johnny that Peart was the best overall drummer he had ever heard. I remember that show and was blown away that a few old-fart-white dudes knew of Rush and Peart specifically.

Bill

btw, I'm looking for more info and tix for the Rush concert, I've never been to Germain and want info on the best seating and willing to pay a decent price for good tix, need a pair.