Boat people - again please.

nurkvinny

You can take two boats of the same year, one one cherry shape, the other with a bad interior. The value my be thousands of dollar between them. If the the interior is good and the engine and drive are in good shape I would say it is worth mid 4's. I had a very similar boat I sold about 4 months ago the got bought it on ebay for 4600 using the buy it now feature.

Before you buy something, take some one with you that knows boats to look at it!!! It may look good, but the devil is in the details. For example that boat has an Alpha One drive on it. The trim limit stitches cost about 1100 to replace at a dealer, and they are a consumable part.

I bought this boat today. Floor and carpet is new. All vinyl is new. Prop is new. 3.0L looks spotless, starts, runs perfect. All wood is refinished. Came with skis, tube, 3 ropes, 6-7 vests, full cover, Cd stereo, trailer tires with ~100 miles on them, all safety equip.

2000-2500??? That seems very optimistic from a buyer's standpoint. I did not find anything in this league anywhere close to that.

BoatTrader has 5 19-20' cuddy cabins between 1985 and 1990 within 75 miles of me. Prices are 5500, 5500, 5500, 5500, and 5900.

Anyways, thanks guys. Can't wait for a nice weekend :)

That seems like a very reasonable price given the condition of the boat. If you see this boat stalking Alum Creek, don't try it. ;)

http://home.columbus.rr.com/cobrapics/Velocity1%20copy.jpg

Those Velocity's are a blast to drive. What kind of power?

3.0 is low on power for skiing, cuddy will be small to sleep in.

A 19' 1980's boat with a 4cyl is a $2-2500 boat.

Mine has a 3.0L, can pull me up on slalom ski with 5 others on my boat; I'm 210lbs too, and does it without totally drowning me. I'm not claiming my boat is quick at all (Sam's totally raped mine on Muskingum), but enough power to easily knock people off the tube, ski and wake board all I want. I want a bigger/faster boat; my wallet says this one is paid for and very mechanically solid, so she will stay I guess. :(

Mind you my boat is only a 17' with a new motor and good prop (though old motor did pull me up pre-blowing up with a crappier prop). As for price, good luck finding an 80's boat w/ a 3.0L in decent shape in the 2k range. Most people seem to want 5k+.