Red Light Runner

Big Steve

Not defending the car in anyway or placing blame on the scooter, but I can't believe the guy on the scooter didn't see that car approaching a completely empty intersection and not even so much as slowing down a little :eek::(:rolleyes: ......but hey, at least he had a helmet on :p

I very rarely if ever go through an intersection that's empty and not notice or see if a car approaching it like that is slowing down. In fact on several instances I've wondered if they weren't on their cell phones and were about to blow through it.

Especially in major intersections like 161/Sawmill or Sawmill/270 where I frequently drive, I'm always watching what oncoming / cross traffic is doing. You just never know. I've even seen cars just up and run through a red light because the guy next to them happened to roll a couple feet and they just took off without looking or because the lane next to them moved due to them getting a left turn arrow. :eek::eek: I saw that happen just this weekend right at the Clocktower / Federated Blvd. and Sawmill Road.

It happens.

i can't believe that dumb ass didn't see the red light

Not defending the car in anyway or placing blame on the scooter, but I can't believe the guy on the scooter didn't see that car approaching a completely empty intersection and not even so much as slowing down a little :eek::(:rolleyes: ......but hey, at least he had a helmet on :p

I very rarely if ever go through an intersection that's empty and not notice or see if a car approaching it like that is slowing down. In fact on several instances I've wondered if they weren't on their cell phones and were about to blow through it.

Especially in major intersections like 161/Sawmill or Sawmill/270 where I frequently drive, I'm always watching what oncoming / cross traffic is doing. You just never know. I've even seen cars just up and run through a red light because the guy next to them happened to roll a couple feet and they just took off without looking or because the lane next to them moved due to them getting a left turn arrow. :eek::eek: I saw that happen just this weekend right at the Clocktower / Federated Blvd. and Sawmill Road.

It happens.

We are in the same area often seeing the same things.

I was always taught to be a defensive driver, expect the other guy in the other lane NOT to see you and to make a mistake. Ive saved my own ass plenty of times from doing this.

There was one time in HS that I got in a serious car accident in my dad's Lincoln Mark 8. A white astro minivan was in the left lane at a red light and i was in the right. light goes green I slowly pull into the intersection and the Asto stays still, all I saw was the head lights coming at me from the Chevy 2500 to my left. I remember the hit, the screetching tires as the truck pushed me across the intersection and broken glass everywhere. Had the Astro not been there I would've seen the truck coming. Turns out the truck was driven by a 16 year old kid that stole it from his dad after he got grounded and went joy riding with his 3 friends.