My Insurance company can lick my taint.

Buck531

So yeah, we had that hail damage last year. F'd up my house. Got some new siding and now i'm fighting to get my roof/gutters done. That's pretty much been settled and now I'm speaking with the contractor guy.

So I get this letter in the mail last week or so. States that SafeCo is dropping my homeowners and transferring it to another company. I was planning on dropping them anyways.

Fast forward to today. I get this big packet in from SafeCo about welcoming me to my new policy. WTF?

Get this, they raised my premium from $600 or so a year (before the hail damage) to $750 after the damage. I get this letter today and they stated that they raised my premium to $1229 a YEAR! HOLY WTF MATE? Do they think I'm actually that retarded to keep them? I can get hooked up with Grange for $500 a year with better coverage (and it includes a warranty on certain things in the house.

I understand that they need to raise my premium to get back some of their money, but holy shit. DOUBLE of what I was paying before the damage? That's just retarded right there I don't care who ya are.

Has anyone had this happen to them after damage or what not to their house?

i'd just make the switch. i have no problems dropping an insurance company to save money for same/better coverage

in the last year, ive been with nationwide, progressive, allstate, and back to progressive

whoever saves me the most for the coverage im looking for gets my business

Back in 2002 or so during the Easter Sunday storm, we ended up with $25k in damage. State farm paid out the money in two checks over about 3 months. About 6 weeks after I deposited the last check, I recieved a letter of my renewal with my deductable going from $250 to $1,000 in order to keep my premium the same.

So yeah, we had that hail damage last year. F'd up my house. Got some new siding and now i'm fighting to get my roof/gutters done. That's pretty much been settled and now I'm speaking with the contractor guy.

So I get this letter in the mail last week or so. States that SafeCo is dropping my homeowners and transferring it to another company. I was planning on dropping them anyways.

Fast forward to today. I get this big packet in from SafeCo about welcoming me to my new policy. WTF?

Get this, they raised my premium from $600 or so a year (before the hail damage) to $750 after the damage. I get this letter today and they stated that they raised my premium to $1229 a YEAR! HOLY WTF MATE? Do they think I'm actually that retarded to keep them? I can get hooked up with Grange for $500 a year with better coverage (and it includes a warranty on certain things in the house.

I understand that they need to raise my premium to get back some of their money, but holy shit. DOUBLE of what I was paying before the damage? That's just retarded right there I don't care who ya are.

Has anyone had this happen to them after damage or what not to their house?

now does that price Grange quoted you include the claim for the hail damage if so I would take it and run. but make sure you first have your house taken care of.

Yes. She said it didn't matter if I had a claim before (for hail damage). I'm not exactly sure why, but I don't care. She said Safeco is guaranteed to pay the claim because it's their insurance I pulled the claim through. Doesn't matter if I changed companies or not.

Grange is great. Always had them and no forseeable reason not to.

yeah. Their insurance for the car was a tad higher than progressive. But she said they write policies for Progressive. She's going to write a new policy.

wait a minute....you're saying insurance companies are evil!?!?!? WE MUST TAKE THIS NEW DEVELOPMENT TO THE SUPERFRIENDS!!

nah just yankin your chain. my dad was an exec at nationwide for 5 years before he figured out he wasn't happy doing investments and lining the pockets of the execs with oodles of money just so they could go on ripping every single American off. the one bit of advice he's given me about getting a job (he's always supported me in anything i've wanted to do) was to NEVER get into insurance or law.

Grange is great. Always had them and no forseeable reason not to.

Chris.. do you have the number for them? I can't seem to find it and I looked up Conley insurance but the number doesn't look right. I know Anthony gave it to me a while ago. I'm guessing you go through the same place.

Insurance is the biggest scam they got going. Pay for nothing but when you need them they raise the price on ya for using their services!

+1

on a side note, i just got a check for the siding on my house from the hailstorm. there was not enough damage to the roof to have it replaced--according to both the adjuster and the roofing contractor i had there at the same time. we'll see what happens to my insurance rate