The Tail of the dragon has been cut:(

thorne

My friends and I go down there a lot and we made are last trip in the heart of the enforcement effort. My one friend made Killboy's frontpage dragging his knee. Some things to know:

1. This is a special effort and the local departments got a state grant to step up efforts. That money will be gone and things will return to normal.

2. Try to go during the week, the road is dead including no cops and you can really fly.

3. If you have to go on the weekend, hit it early (7am) in the morning and then don't come back until 3-4 pm (shift change). We watched all 14 cops parade out of the gap and 1 even stopped to tell us it was shift change and they would be back in an hour. We ripped it up for an hour and left.

4. Talk to the locals, they will give you the scoop on where the cops are.

5. Ride the other roads around there, many of them are more fun.

6. Your first ticket for the year in Blount County (Tennessee side) is only $10 unless you try to run.

7. Don't accelerate in the straights, you are there to ride corners, use the straights to relax and plan for the next tight section. The cops love to sit in the straights because they can get much bigger tickets there.

So did you go just for the run? If you did that really sucks. Thanks for the follow up info tho!

Nah... was in the area visiting my parents/friends. I went to high school about an hour and a half or so from the dragon. I went just about once a month for 2 years :)

Yeah, I got a pic of my white FC and the Miata from him. Cool pics.