JPMorgan Chase

TheHaze

The building is on 370 Cleveland Avenue. The job is here:

COLUMBUS REGIONAL LOCKBOX is a check-processing center where payments made to a company are intercepted through the use of a post office box and unique zip code. These checks are processed by Lockbox employees and deposited directly to the Business account with the receivable and or invoice information forwarded to the Business. Lockbox provides a high quality product at competitive pricing. This service reduces other Business "back office" expenses; decreases mail time in receiving payments and increases their funds availability allowing them to invest quickly.

That just sounds like a grunt boy job. But hey, it's a job. There are a TON of jobs at the bank you can look into. However, you have to be at that job for ONE year before you can get hired somewhere else in the company. FYI. But once you get your foot in the door the world pretty much opens.

And at 370.. at least you have a cafeteria there. I'm at 350 and there isnt one :(.

That just sounds like a grunt boy job. But hey, it's a job. There are a TON of jobs at the bank you can look into. However, you have to be at that job for ONE year before you can get hired somewhere else in the company. FYI. But once you get your foot in the door the world pretty much opens.

And at 370.. at least you have a cafeteria there. I'm at 350 and there isnt one :(.

Yes it does sound like grunt work but Buck's right. Once you get your foot in the door there are alot of options. When you go into a job/dept you have to stay in that dept for a year before posting out to a different job within the company but if you want to move to a different position within the dept you only have to wait 6 months.

Evan, I'll ask around I think my Unit Lead use to work down there. I'll try and find out some more info.

Oh and one great thing about this corporation is that there is room to move up even if you dont neccessarily have a degree, or you have a degree that doesnt neccessarily apply to the job itself. They value good teamwork and a good work history over your formal education and alot of banks/corporation's dont neccessarily do that these days. My mom worked her way up from a lowly item processor to a site manager in about 7 years. Today she does contract work and gets paid ALOT. There's definitly room for growth.

I work at a Chase branch in worthington, just a teller for now, but again, all I really wanted was a foot in the door sort of job to work at through college and hopefully help once I graduate in two years in the finance/business degree.

I've been at Chase for about 7 yrs, I work at 380, I know some people in the dept. your applying at. Its a cool place, they dont work you like a slave, and its a good dept. to get your foot in the door at.

Good luck.

Does anyone know if the are typically a lot of people applying for this position? I just want to know if should be worrying about competition. Also, she told me to dress casually; is this a trap or should I really just wear khakis and a nice shirt?

Does anyone know if the are typically a lot of people applying for this position? I just want to know if should be worrying about competition. Also, she told me to dress casually; is this a trap or should I really just wear khakis and a nice shirt?

Casually = Tie/decent shirt and some dockers. That's what I did when I went in in 02.

Hey Matt. I'm the one who supports the PC's at your branch. What's your standard ID so I can disable it in the morning when you get in.

I can also remote into your PC and f' with your stuff too and you won't even know about it. :asshole:

Casually = Tie/decent shirt and some dockers. That's what I did when I went in in 02.

Hey Matt. I'm the one who supports the PC's at your branch. What's your standard ID so I can disable it in the morning when you get in.

I can also remote into your PC and f' with your stuff too and you won't even know about it. :asshole:

lol, f064....oh wait a second, f that!!! haha. You guys must be doing something right since we hardly have issues, it just runs slow every once in awhile. Is that when you're watching me? *Runs and hides like a little girl* lol

My roommate works there and makes damn good money. His position requires some on-call on occasion and some evening work once in a while but it's all stuff he can do from home. He does something with server maintenance for the Chase.com site I think.

Who is your roommate?

I currently work for Chase and have for the last 7 1/2 years. I started doing computer support, but now I am currently working for the backup team supporting and monitoring backups here in the US as well as Asian and the UK. I also work at the Westerville location, 800 Brookedge.

September 7th I leave for India for a month to train individuals over there. Once I return I will switching to the SAN/NAS support team.

Most everyone I work with are huge gamers and techies. They all love to go out and drink on Friday nights.

Who is your roommate?

I currently work for Chase and have for the last 7 1/2 years. I started doing computer support, but now I am currently working for the backup team supporting and monitoring backups here in the US as well as Asian and the UK. I also work at the Westerville location, 800 Brookedge.

September 7th I leave for India for a month to train individuals over there. Once I return I will switching to the SAN/NAS support team.

Most everyone I work with are huge gamers and techies. They all love to go out and drink on Friday nights.

Brooksedge cafeteria FTW! I really miss that place.

Who is your roommate?

Hey.. you're still around.

Desktop support got interesting while I was there (reason I left). All the desktop techs have Blackberries now. Got rid of their phone. How much would THAT suck. Your blackberry is your main phone number now.:eek:

Is it me or do you not even know what exactly you are applying for?

Hey.. you're still around.

Desktop support got interesting while I was there (reason I left). All the desktop techs have Blackberries now. Got rid of their phone. How much would THAT suck. Your blackberry is your main phone number now.:eek:

Before you started I was pushing for them to get rid of our desk phones and get Nextels.

• 4 weeks later...