Computer help...

ChevyMan1972

I don't think the upgrade will work you either need to put 98 on it then upgrade (which I wouldn't recommend AT ALL) or get a full up version of XP and install it.

Wrong^^^^^

boot the upgrade CD for xp, Follow the instructions, push f8 to agree to the licence terms, create a partition, format it NTFS full or quick, when it prompts you for a full version of windows put in the 98 CD. It finds 1 file on the CD and then tells you to put the XP cd in and it will load a full version. I use a Burned Win 95 Full edition CD. It will then work. Trust me I have done this about 50 times. Just make sure you have a full version of 95 or 98 on CD. If you have the upgrade CD of 98 this will not work.

Wrong^^^^^

boot the upgrade CD for xp, Follow the instructions, push f8 to agree to the licence terms, create a partition, format it NTFS full or quick, when it prompts you for a full version of windows put in the 98 CD. It finds 1 file on the CD and then tells you to put the XP cd in and it will load a full version. I use a Burned Win 95 Full edition CD. It will then work. Trust me I have done this about 50 times. Just make sure you have a full version of 95 or 98 on CD. If you have the upgrade CD of 98 this will not work.

Yep tried this but it say's its "Invalad windows copy" Insert a (Full Version) and hit "enter"

I think we are just going to get a copy of Windows 98....or if someone has one we can use would be great :)

Dan

Yep tried this but it say's its "Invalad windows copy" Insert a (Full Version) and hit "enter"

I think we are just going to get a copy of Windows 98....or if someone has one we can use would be great :)

Dan

I have a full version of 95 I can burn you. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow at 11am, pm me your phone number, you could stop by in the afternoon and pick up a burned CD. I am on bed rest. I live in the new albany area so I am not that far from you.

Guest Scooter
You're putting Windows 95/98 on a *new* computer? And have you activated that XP upgrade you are trying to use on another computer before? If yes, then I don't think it will let you do it again.

You're putting Windows 95/98 on a *new* computer? And have you activated that XP upgrade you are trying to use on another computer before? If yes, then I don't think it will let you do it again.

*Sigh* wrong^^^

he is not nor have I put 95 or 98 on the computer to get a full version load from the XP upgrade CD. You only put the 95 or 98 disc in when it asks for verification. then it looks for a file and tells you to put the xp cd back in and then it only loads XP.

My guess is that you are attempting to use a recovery disk that has a full version of 98? If so that disk will not work. You need a retail copy.