opinions wanted

RUTAN TA1647545492

I am thinking about selling my TA, and i am not sure what I should ask? What would you pay for my car?

98 TA 98k

Orange tri color paint

SLP ram air HO hood

Chrome Z06 wheels 17x8/17x9.5

BFG comp ta 245/45zr17

BFG DR 315/35r17

Phillips built LS1 2000 block

347 balanced/blueprinted

stk crank

calico coated engine bearings

arp main studs

Eagle H-beam rods

L19 rod bolts

JE nitrous pistons(w/ current heads 10.8 comp.)

friction coated skirts/thermal coated tops

file fit rings set loose for a 400 shot(with different heads,stk heads WILL lift)

24x/25x 6xx/6xx on a 112 (makes power from 3000-7600)

one peice comp push rods 7.400

stk rockers (suggest upgrading to Jesel's)

LS2 timing chain

ported LS6 pump

ported heads by Phillips Racing Engines

2.055int/1.60exh

patriot gold double springs

titanium retainers

super7 locks

Felpro MLS gaskets

arp head studs

ported LS6 intake

80mm tb

36lb injectors

underdrive harmonic balancer

Hooker lt's

3"y with flowmaster merge to 4"

4" mufflex exhaust

T-56 trans

Spec stg 3 clutch

B&M ripper shifter

custom 3" chromoly driveshaft

Spohn tq arm(chassis mounted)

Hotchkis LCA and panhard bar

air bag in the right side

Moser 9" with back brace(good for 1000+hp)

strange center section

31 spline no-spin detroit locker

4.11 gears

alum. daytona pinion support

Moser 31 spline axles w/ long wheel studs

walbro 340 in tank pump

300 hp nitrous kit(NOS)

bottle heater

bottle blanket

MSD digital window switch

auto meter shift light

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d58/RUTANTA/100_1860.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d58/RUTANTA/100_1893.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d58/RUTANTA/100_1706.jpg

I am probably forgetting some things,but just to give you an idea. I am not positive about selling it but it would make it alot nicer with buying a new house. I would build another toy in a few years, probably a C5 with a solid axle!

thanks for the input,John

I know the feeling man. I have been kicking around selling mine for about a year. I absolutely love the car and have put a ton of work into it but the mortgage industry is tough now. I have pretty much decided if I put mine up for sale it will be ~16K. I don't have as many mods as you do but the mods typically do not help the value.

Once you pay the car off, though, it's yours forever..........

And if you are struggling for money, why sell the wife's car to get her another new car and car payment???

I would like a new family car. I dont like parking my car and going into stores or even work,because its cost alot to fix a ding in the quarter panel or a scratch in a fender. I feel having 2 modded cars in the family is probably not a good choice( both being daily drivers). I have been driving my car for a daily for the last few months and it as done great with the exception of the SCE headgaskets and the u-joint cap that broke last night. I get @28-30 hwy and @18 city(3wot! lol) which is rather good considering the cam and 4.11 gears. If I get the wife a new car, when she finishes school I can build something better.

I still am not grasping it. Get rid of your car for a family car; fine and dandy. Is her other one so modded you can't daily it as well (isn't it just a modded GTP?). Buy a family car for her and you drive the GTP, or let her keep the GTP and you drive the family car. I just don't understand how selling your two cars and buying her a new G8 and yourself another car is going to save you money.

It's your money, but I hate seeing people put themselves in worse situations they talked themselves into.

I still am not grasping it. Get rid of your car for a family car; fine and dandy. Is her other one so modded you can't daily it as well (isn't it just a modded GTP?). Buy a family car for her and you drive the GTP, or let her keep the GTP and you drive the family car. I just don't understand how selling your two cars and buying her a new G8 and yourself another car is going to save you money.

It's your money, but I hate seeing people put themselves in worse situations they talked themselves into.

I agree 110% with Joe's posts. Car payments FTL.

If you want to save some bucks, sell your vehicles, downsize to a couple of cars you can economically rock AND pay cash to buy, and save up for the G8 in a few years.

A guy offered me 23k for my car, but couldnt get approved for the loan (last year when I was trying to sell it). I also saw an SS go for $22k with similar mods. I would start around 20k.

Honestly I think you should keep it and de-mod it a little. It can still get you from point A to point B... plus it's sexy!

A guy offered me 23k for my car, but couldnt get approved for the loan (last year when I was trying to sell it). I also saw an SS go for $22k with similar mods. I would start around 20k.

Honestly I think you should keep it and de-mod it a little. It can still get you from point A to point B... plus it's sexy!

If someone walked up with 20K my car would be gone. Hell even at 18K I would sell it. I would probably regret it later but that is how I feel now. I think 20K is too high. My car is nowhere near as modded as yours but it only has 38K miles on it and it is an 02.

If someone walked up with 20K my car would be gone. Hell even at 18K I would sell it. I would probably regret it later but that is how I feel now. I think 20K is too high. My car is nowhere near as modded as yours but it only has 38K miles on it and it is an 02.

I win. My car is an 01 with 29k miles. Hey John if you are going to sell it trade me blocks first :D