Bioshock

thorne

I've already got it pre-ordered at Game Crazy for the 360. Can't wait! Been anticipating this game for a loooong time!

It's already a favorite for Game of the Year.

Check out the scores it's getting so far...

GameSpy - 5 out of 5 100.0%

Game Informer - 10 out of 10 100.0%

Eurogamer - 10 out of 10 100.0%

TeamXbox - 9.5 out of 10 95.0%

1UP - 10 out of 10 100.0%

Console Game World - 99 out of 100 99.0%

Official Xbox Magazine UK - 10 out of 10 100.0%

PC Gamer UK - 95 out of 100 95.0%

IGN - 9.7 out of 10 97%

:eek:

it's a sick ass game about a plane that crash lands into the ocean, and you are the only survivor, you see what looks like a lighthouse in the middle of the ocean, only to find out that it's an elevator, that goes down to the ocean floor to a "Utopian" city built underwater by the "elite" of the 40's-50's era, only it's turned "all bad" and you go from there. and it is now the late 50's early 60's.

btw...........i have had it since last Wednesday and am almost done with it!:thumbup:

it's a sick ass game about a plane that crash lands into the ocean, and you are the only survivor, you see what looks like a lighthouse in the middle of the ocean, only to find out that it's an elevator, that goes down to the ocean floor to a "Utopian" city built underwater by the "elite" of the 40's-50's era, only it's turned "all bad" and you go from there. and it is now the late 50's early 60's.

btw...........i have had it since last Wednesday and am almost done with it!:thumbup:

So first person shooter in 50's-60's era weaponry etc... Alien's, mutants or just regular bad guys.

I'm sure Bioshock is a good game. I'm a fan of Halo, but that doesn't mean I'm just jumping on the Halo bandwagon here. Were talking about one of the most popular and highly regarded shooters ever, and it's the version that will out on the next gen console. Simple as this, when Halo os out it will win most every award there is if it delivers on what's promised.

Back to Bioshock, I'm going to have to get the demo to check it out anyway though those types of games aren't my thing.

Guest 00Smurf

wait full version or demo? 360 or pc? i haven't seen anything on the torrent sites other than demos?

I'm sure Bioshock is a good game. I'm a fan of Halo, but that doesn't mean I'm just jumping on the Halo bandwagon here. Were talking about one of the most popular and highly regarded shooters ever, and it's the version that will out on the next gen console. Simple as this, when Halo os out it will win most every award there is if it delivers on what's promised.

Back to Bioshock, I'm going to have to get the demo to check it out anyway though those types of games aren't my thing.

Granted...Halo 3 has a lot of hype surrounding it. But it's not getting the acclaim that BioShock is from the industry. For instance...while the Halo 3 beta was good, it was a lot of "more of the same."

Then you have industry people saying things like this, about BioShock...

"These are the big challenges developers have been struggling to master for decades; narrative, emergence, a sense of place. If another game did just one of these as well as Bioshock, it would immediately qualify as a classic. When a game comes along that does all three, we can only be baffled and thankful. I spend my career, and my gaming life, waiting for a moment when a game just astonishes me, when I can't believe what I'm seeing, what I'm doing. Bioshock has five."

Some people believe this game is going to be a "turning point" in the industry.

IGN said...

"This game is a beacon. It's one of those monumental experiences you'll never forget, and the benchmark against which games for years to come will, and indeed must, be measured. This isn't merely an evolution of System Shock 2, but a wake-up call to the industry at large. Play this, and you'll see why you should demand something more from publishers and developers, more than all those derivative sequels forced down our throats year after year with only minor tweaks in their formulas. It's a shining example of how it's possible to bring together all elements of game design and succeed to the wildest degree."

I'm just saying, it's gonna be damn tough to beat out BioShock for Game of the Year.

smurf because torrent sites suck. 360 ver has been on newsgroups for a week. . I'm getting it for pc for the true gaming experiance. halo3 better support keyboard and mouse if not. They fail at life. ut3 on ps3 supports it. I might endup grabbing a ps3 if they do that trend.