Dealership Service Writers

staywide8

Hey guys,

I figured this would be a good place to try. I'm looking to get into a dealership as a service writer, and thought if anyone knew of any openings or of anyone to speak to about a position, that this would be the place. I have a strong background and am very good at what I do, just need the initial help to get in the door. Thanks in advance for any help.

Kevin

Thanks for the input...oh and which dealership so I can forget that one....back to the original question, looking for one that is hiring. Thanks again.

They are all like that. If you want a demanding, highly stressful job then it's the job for you.

We don't have any openings at the Saturn dealerships in Columbus. I got FuckinFarkas in as a valet and he worked his way up to a full-time advisor.

Just keep looking in the paper, advisor positions open all over, b/c 90% of the people can't handle the stress.

Hey guys,

I figured this would be a good place to try. I'm looking to get into a dealership as a service writer, and thought if anyone knew of any openings or of anyone to speak to about a position, that this would be the place. I have a strong background and am very good at what I do, just need the initial help to get in the door. Thanks in advance for any help.

Kevin

Why not just put together a resume' and go around to every dealership asking to talk to a service manager? Get your name/resume' out there on somebodies desk. Eventually it will land on someone's desk who likes you or is at least hiring a SW. You cant just sit back and wait to hear about an opening, be proactive about it. I use to work at Graham and had I stayed a few month's longer I'd probably be writing service right now, but I found a job elsewhere that was less stressful and paid about the same so I took it.