2001 Neon R/T Converted into an 04 SRT-4, asking $8,300

IceMan20k

Sup guys, I'm addicted to 'teh fastness' but, here it goes,

Price: $8,300 (I really cannot afford to go any lower, I bought it for $8,400, and over $1k between tires and mods that I did after I purchased it)

Description: Black 01 Dodge Neon R/T rebuilt as a 2004 Neon SRT-4.

Good:

- Was on a salvage title, But Has a Rebuilt Title, inspected, and street legal to drive.

- It's a full (except for door panels/side air bags, and steering wheel) conversion to an SRT-4.

- It has fresh Kuhmo Ecsta's on it.

- Injen Intake w/ K&N filter.

- Fiber Images Carbon Fiber Hood.

- AGP WGA set to 18/14

- Mopar BOV Conversion Plate

- Balance Shaft Removal Kit

- Stage 1 springs (or equivalent)

- Odometer warning, only because the Odometer came from the drivetrain that was swapped in, has 38,600 (little bit less actually) miles.

Bad:

- Has a small shake from up front.

- Sunroof doesn't work (Off track or something)

Again, I cannot afford to go any lower, price is absolutely firm. Between the need for another vehicle, and the want too get rid of bills so I can go to college it needs to sell by the 25th.

Visit my autotrader link for pics

Thank you for your time CR,

-IceMan

Hey do they do this conversion on the 2 door neon's? just out of curiousity

Well since they haven't had a 2 door neon since 99, I am guessing you are talking about the 1st gen Neons. Yes that conversion is done quite a lot. Actually, the 1st gens are a little better than the SRT-4's because they are lighter and have better handling. I had a 97 Neon for a while that I was putting a 2.4L Turbo from a mexican stratus. It was a fun project till the barn it was sitting in caught on fire and the car was a lost.

It is extremely well done. Had a person offer me $6k and a beat-to-hell Saturn SC2 with no muffler, non-working manual windows, needing a passenger door, uncomfortable as hell APC 'Racing Seats', dropped down 3", and the current wheels on it needing an alignment... I said no.

Bump, everyone let anyone that may even be slightly interested about this car know about it. I really want to start attending classes at Edison for CPU Programming, and registration ends extremely soon.

::Edit::

Thats what I figured would be a better idea to do considering the weight savings, except for maybe some traction problems.

Yeah, traction in an SRT-4 is not it's strong point... They are extremely traction limited in the 1/4. Pair of slicks make the biggest difference in the world for them.

trade for a 99.5 VW jetta, automatic, black + $3000?

Love to, unfortunately, I still owe $5,800 on the loan, so I need at least that amount in cash. To equal the other $2,500, I'll take either a nice DD (nothing special, but nothing beat on like that Saturn I looked at...) or cash.

Appreciate the interest though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

How much interest would I draw if I dropped the price to, I dunno, $7,500?

That's an $800 drop from my original asking price on here.

Still needs a front passenger side bushing (again, only costs $40 to buy it from the stealership) to stop the shaking.