Mid-Ohio 6/9

jhaag

how do I get the bike on the rear stand by myself? I bought a LP one a couple weeks ago, but haven't had time to mess with it, but I was just wondering, if the bike is on the stand, how do I do it?

thanks, lol, first bike and stand, etc

you just muscle it up there.

that's what i figured, i just wanted to make sure there wasn't any tricks i was stupid enough to miss. I'll try it this weekend, since my garage is 20 min from my house its hard to get to during the week.

I guess the hard part is holding it upright while you musle it up sometimes a small block of wood under the kickstand will keep it upright enough while you position the stand.

Once you get gifted you be able to balance the bike with one hand on the tail and use the other hand to work the stand

man you must be good because its a bitch just getting my motorcycle jack under the vt1100

without my seven year old to run the ratchet strap.. i have done it but the belly of the 1100 is not flat ..the tranny part of the case hangs down about an inch ...the first time i did it myself the jack tried to skate board out from under my left leg and damn near ripped me in two.. :lol:

What does a fold up trailer like that in the background run now-a-days? Will it hold 2 bikes?

its from Harbor Freight. i paid around $260 after buying the chock and treated plywood. it comes as a kit, must be assembled. its works great. i've seen people haul two bikes on it, but i cant imagine it being very steady and you would need to add outriggers in front for tiedowns, its not wide enough without.

I won't be able to make it up this weekend, but please let me know how you like the twighlight session as I'm planning on going 7/7

i did the one last year. it was very informal and ended up being an open track for 45 mins and closed for 15 mins for rest. it was extremely fun, but they'll probably run it like a regular led this time; 30 mins per session, int and adv.

how do I get the bike on the rear stand by myself? I bought a LP one a couple weeks ago, but haven't had time to mess with it, but I was just wondering, if the bike is on the stand, how do I do it?

just take your time and practice balancing the bike and maneuvering the stand into place. just dont let your bike fall over!!

It's simple man. You'll get better at it. It takes me about 5 seconds. I put my bike on my rear and front stands everyday after every ride. I just like it like that. I grab stand, put my hand on seat, get one side of the stand on the spool, tilt bike away until it lands on other side of stand, push down; bike is lifted. It goes really quick after you do it a few times man. Heck practice if you want. Ofcourse the front stand is nothing once the rear is on.

Remember, never NEVER use front stand w/out the bike on the REAR stand 1st! Always take FRONT stand off first, before removing REAR stand too!

Do that and you'll be golden my man. :cool:

evening went very well!

it was run like an open track. to start each int and adv went out for 20 mins each to get acclimated with the track. then, it was open to all riders. they would bring eveyone in at the top of every hour to fetch any down riders and clear the track. then it was on again.

it was very successful and a lot of fun!