FS: 87 turbo Ford Mustang

Guest Fuzzman

Guest Fuzzman

I really wanted to see this car done but, I now have too many projects started and dont have the time to finish all of them. I am taking a loss on this car. Don't be fooled by the 2.3L motor, this car is very quick! Feel free to ask any questions.

This car is a project car... it is not suitable to be a daily driver in its current condition!

$900 takes it! I will also trade for a honda hatch.

Goods:

---------------------------------------

2.3L turbo motor

5 spd tranny

4:10 posi rear end

upgraded t3/t4 turbo

front mount intercooler

greddy style blow off valve

center line wheels

3 inch cowl hood (3 inch is my guess)

boost gauge

not much rust on body

all parts/bolts are in plastic bags and catorigized

Bads:

--------------------------------------

in the middle of a restore

body is sanded down almost ready to paint

interior is striped down (in process of redoing entire interior)

motor needs alittle work (maf rewired, battery charged, possibly alittle wiring)

rust above rear tires/alittle on doors

This picure is current:

http://70.63.1.118/mustang/mustang16.jpg

http://70.63.1.118/mustang/mustang7.jpg

http://70.63.1.118/mustang/mustang1.jpg

http://70.63.1.118/mustang/mustang2.jpg

http://70.63.1.118/mustang/mustang4.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd also go introduce yourself in The Classroom, that would help since you're new.

Got pics? What kinda work does the engine need? When you say "middle of a restore", what's left? What kind of condition is the interior in that it needs reassembled to be functional?

Just some potential points that would be objectionable points for potential buyers.

It's a PROJECT CAR of course it is going to have issues and may not be reliable untill they are all fixed. Part of the joy of buying a project car is figuring out what still needs to be fixed. Especially since more stuff will come up once you get everything fixed that the seller lists needs done. He is not listing this as a daily!

Free bump for a car i have tried to buy twice!

It's a PROJECT CAR of course it is going to have issues and may not be reliable untill they are all fixed. Part of the joy of buying a project car is figuring out what still needs to be fixed. Especially since more stuff will come up once you get everything fixed that the seller lists needs done. He is not listing this as a daily!

Free bump for a car i have tried to buy twice!

Hey thanks for answering for him. :rolleyes: I was asking him to list all the things he knows of at the current time. And I asked how reliable it was as far as how well does it run and does it boost properly, stuff like that. I kinda figured a project car was gonna need stuff done, i just wanted to know what that stuff was instead of walking into it blindly. Being as you provided no new information and added nothing to the thread, and you dont act like you are here to buy the car please dont talk anymore... :nono:

Hey thanks for answering for him. :rolleyes: I was asking him to list all the things he knows of at the current time. And I asked how reliable it was as far as how well does it run and does it boost properly, stuff like that. I kinda figured a project car was gonna need stuff done, i just wanted to know what that stuff was instead of walking into it blindly. Being as you provided no new information and added nothing to the thread, and you dont act like you are here to buy the car please dont talk anymore... :nono:

Zing!

Guest Fuzzman

Well as far as the motor running it had a weird surge at about 3k rpm. I had guessed it was because the car did not have a maf at the time. I also had no idea what ecu was in it when i bought it because the other one was remanufactured and was spray painted. I bought a maf and an LA3 ecu for the car. After that I had no time to mess with it. I have drove the car many times. when I drove it it would boost to about 6-7psi. The car ideals fine runs fine. I think there may be a loose wire in the harness near the ecu, either that or the battery was getting so flakey at that time it was acting weird. One time it wouldnt turn over I would jiggle the harness and then it would start. I cant tell you for sure everything that is wrong with the car. Those are just the things i know of. The interior is out of the car but, i do have all the pieces/bolts. The only thing off the body is the front bumper. Yes, this car will take work and yes it would make a sweet car when it was done.

The reason im selling it is because i have three cars and i simply dont have time for all of them. I goto school and work full time. Thank you for all the interest. If you have any additional questions feel free to ask.

I was in line to buy the thing ~5 months ago when it was for sale for $1500 on Craigslist, but he beat me too it lol. Chill, I wasn't posting in anger. Apologies Fuzzman for the interruption and good luck w/ the sale.

Guest Wunna Dig Race
Can you host interior/hood pics? I would be interested in the car if so Yes Im a chevy boy but I would be interested in another fox since I sold mine :D

Guest Fuzzman

Im not really interested in trades... Im trying to get rid of projects and make some cash to finish my turbo build.

I will take turbo parts or a nitrous kit for full or partial trade depending on what you have.

heres what i need:

intercooler piping

wastegate

gauges (boost, a/f ratio, etc..)

wideband sensor/controller

I have an intercooler but would like to get a better one so if you have one hit me up.

If you can fabricate manifolds I also need one of those made.

I am also interested in a full nirtrous kit