Saturday 9/1/07 contests. 6:00pm-8:30pm

V8 Beast

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had fun. :) It was good meeting everyone. My friend (the crazy guy in the bright red pants) snapped a bunch of pictures. He's not a photographer, but he has an eye for neat shots. So most of the pictures are pretty cool abstract shots. I should have them all up on Flickr by tomorrow, and I can e-mail high-rez versions if anyone likes. When I'm done uploading I'll post the address.

We tried to clean it up, just didn't happen.

Yea we did... and that was a tall order to fill at 1 oclock in the f'n morning. I used the most powerful degreaser availible to me and it did nothing. We tried simple green... nothing. We even taped the outdoor faucet, that had no valve wheel, with a socket wrench, used a hose to try to get it wet and scrub it with commercial deck brushes, which i also brought, and still nothing. Noone can say we didnt try.

So I thought the burn outs were gonna be in one spot and easy to cover up. That parking lot is tore up pretty good. Oh ya i'm fired.

*REMOVED*

Sorry bout your lot :burn:

I won the WB02 by completely destroying a pair of tires with a 1+ minute burnout down to the belts, making the brakes glow red, cracking my rear rotors in two places each, throwing rubber about 30' behind me, leaving craters in the parking lot, and stopping traffic on Hilliard-Rome Road :D I also hit 220* on my tranny and spit a bit of fluid :(

Not sure of the gentleman's name, but he owns a nice-ass blue Mopar and won the winter lawn care package.

Amy won the oil changes.

Video will be posted :)

Thanks for the good times and the winter lawn care package will come in handy. I had a good time and I don't have near as much rubber to clean off as Anthony if you missed his burnout it was a site to behold

Thanks for the good times and the winter lawn care package will come in handy. I had a good time and I don't have near as much rubber to clean off as Anthony if you missed his burnout it was a site to behold

Ha, I knew you were on here somewhere.

Thanks Jim, and now I can place a face with the name and the car. It happens with as many people as I see every weekend :D

I won't be doing those kind of burnouts in twenty years when the car becomes a "classic" like yours, so I may as well have fun now while I can :nod:

Ha, I knew you were on here somewhere.

Thanks Jim, and now I can place a face with the name and the car. It happens with as many people as I see every weekend :D

I won't be doing those kind of burnouts in twenty years when the car becomes a "classic" like yours, so I may as well have fun now while I can :nod:

I built it to have fun with and scare the shit out of me so I do run it hard but it can be a hand full on the street with low tire pressure for traction. I like to hear the engine sing so I tend to have a heavy foot when I drive it.

OK, Pics are up HERE

Again, my friend was just having fun and trying out different things. So there aren't many pictures of complete cars. But I think there are some good shots all the same.

EDIT: Figured out hot to get the original size. Select a picture then "Different Sizes" in the lower right. At the top on the next page should be an "Original" selection. For some reason "Original" wasn't there before.

OK, Pics are up HERE

Again, my friend was just having fun and trying out different things. So there aren't many pictures of complete cars. But I think there are some good shots all the same.

EDIT: Figured out hot to get the original size. Select a picture then "Different Sizes" in the lower right. At the top on the next page should be an "Original" selection. For some reason "Original" wasn't there before.

Those shots look pretty good. I wasn't sure how they'd turn out when I saw him taking pics, but, those are nice.

Those shots look pretty good. I wasn't sure how they'd turn out when I saw him taking pics, but, those are nice.

+1. I can see a lot of new sigs coming from those pics...

The aftermath of Anthony..

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1171/1302985345_9c9d3df3e8.jpg?v=0

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1208/1302981149_be6b80c807.jpg?v=0

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1412/1302977501_29b4f16a61.jpg?v=0

OK, Pics are up HERE

Those are really awesome pics! I love how he did them! Thanks!!!