How being an "Ex-Street Racer" Saved My Ass...

Guest TurboSlave

Guest TurboSlave

So I was driving home fro a nice visit with Grandma in my 2000 lb. 88 GMC Vandura, having a nice time, my daughter asleep in her carseat.... and as I come up the left lane of 315N->270E exit I notice a cop with several cars pulled off on the right side. I was aiming at the ramp for 23N, and didn't really need to do anything since I was already over, so I slowed down and waited for all the morons to move around the accident scene. So we finally come even with the 3 cars that had apparently piled up, and I see some woman freaking out looking at the minimal rear-end damage....

Suddenly I hear the sound of tires sqealing in front of me, I start to hit my breaks just in time to see some asshole from the eastbound 270 lane cut off the car 2 or 3 cars ahead of me and the car in front of me subsequently slam on breaks and still manage to hit the guy who got cut off. I slam on my breaks and cut my wheel and manange to put my van sideways and NOT hit the idiots in front of us, and I look out my driver side window only to see that the rear bumper of the volvo in front of me is about 2.5 feet off my left runnerboard...

All I could think, as I looked at my daughter still peacefully slumbering away in the back was:

God Bless My Old StreetRacer Reflexes!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I was driving home fro a nice visit with Grandma in my 2000 lb. 88 GMC Vandura, having a nice time, my daughter asleep in her carseat.... and as I come up the left lane of 315N->270E exit I notice a cop with several cars pulled off on the right side. I was aiming at the ramp for 23N, and didn't really need to do anything since I was already over, so I slowed down and waited for all the morons to move around the accident scene. So we finally come even with the 3 cars that had apparently piled up, and I see some woman freaking out looking at the minimal rear-end damage....

Suddenly I hear the sound of tires sqealing in front of me, I start to hit my breaks just in time to see some asshole from the eastbound 270 lane cut off the car 2 or 3 cars ahead of me and the car in front of me subsequently slam on breaks and still manage to hit the guy who got cut off. I slam on my breaks and cut my wheel and manange to put my van sideways and NOT hit the idiots in front of us, and I look out my driver side window only to see that the rear bumper of the volvo in front of me is about 2.5 feet off my left runnerboard...

All I could think, as I looked at my daughter still peacefully slumbering away in the back was:

God Bless My Old StreetRacer Reflexes!So I was driving home fro a nice visit with Grandma in my 2000 lb. 88 GMC Vandura, having a nice time, my daughter asleep in her carseat.... and as I come up the left lane of 315N->270E exit I notice a cop with several cars pulled off on the right side. I was aiming at the ramp for 23N, and didn't really need to do anything since I was already over, so I slowed down and waited for all the morons to move around the accident scene. So we finally come even with the 3 cars that had apparently piled up, and I see some woman freaking out looking at the minimal rear-end damage....

:gives:

God Bless My Old StreetRacer Reflexes!So I was driving home fro a nice visit with Grandma in my 2000 lb. 88 GMC Vandura, having a nice time, my daughter asleep in her carseat.... and as I come up the left lane of 315N->270E exit I notice a cop with several cars pulled off on the right side. I was aiming at the ramp for 23N, and didn't really need to do anything since I was already over, so I slowed down and waited for all the morons to move around the accident scene. So we finally come even with the 3 cars that had apparently piled up, and I see some woman freaking out looking at the minimal rear-end damage....

Still waiting for the rest of the story....

Wow. You gys are a bunch of fucking assholes! I don't know what the fuck she was thinking when she said you guys are cool.

Fuck you, and don't talk shit about my wife!

You wife owes me $300 for a bus ticket from San Luis Obispo, California to Columbus Ohio, subsequent rent and utilities, food, and personal effects (toothbrush, deodorant, tampons, cigarettes, etc.).

She also knows she owes this money to me because she contacted my now ex-wife approximately three years when you lived near the Continent to offer the money to "make it right" with "no hard feelings", and promptly disappeared again.

Well, here you are. There is no shit-talking involved, just straight to the point, Kyle.

Guest TurboSlave
You should not run away from your problems. Shows how weak of a person you are....

run away from problems? how about avoid annoying idiots who can't seem to let the past be...

and as for your ex wife, brandi says she never offered to pay anyone for anything, especially since you guys kept her stuff.

so if you can all lay the fuck off my wife, and let me be, maybe i can enjoy the automotive aspects of this forum.

Guest TurboSlave

this is Brandi,...

Don't you have anything better to do than bring up old shit? I'm happily married now, with a beautiful little girl, and you apparently have no life, no respect, and no fucking idea what you are talking about? I hope you fucking total your shitty little malibu, or get it impounded.

How dare you fucking think you can talk to me or about me that way!

Fuck you!

You will never be half the man Rick is, but you should at least try to live more like he does. he's non judgemental, and layed back, and a hell of a lot cooler than you!

run away from problems? how about avoid annoying idiots who can't seem to let the past be...

and as for your ex wife, brandi says she never offered to pay anyone for anything, especially since you guys kept her stuff.

so if you can all lay the fuck off my wife, and let me be, maybe i can enjoy the automotive aspects of this forum.

"...avoid annoying idiots who can't seen to let the past be..." does not equal fixing a problem. If you married it is your problem now too. I was just stating my opinion. I heard about the back story from a mod on here that I do not think was lying to me. Sorry if it offended you but sometimes I call it as I see it.