Movie Review: Halloween

CobraKevin

Disclaimer:The Halloween "franchise" has always been my favorite of the big trio, so try as I might, there may be a small amount of bias in this review. Also, just in case anyone was NOT aware, this is a different take on the original, not a sequel

Summary: Michael Myers is back in a complete overhaul of the original creation. In an almost prequel fashion, this rendition focuses on the childhood of Michael that led to his insane and demonic behavior. After suffering through a broken, viscious, careless, unaccepted lifestyle, young Michael resorted to violence and murder, landing him in a mental institution. More than 15 years pass before Michael is able to make his escape and return to Haddonfield for his baby sister Laurie.

Pros: For starters, the backstory is an IMMENSE part of character development that was completely lacking in the original. This film captured the essence of Michael Myers and enlightened the audience with it. There was less gore than Zombie's other films, but more than plenty to keep it "realistic" (I think probably 80% of the characters had blood on them at some point). And yes, a number of breasteses (and rather nice ones at that).

Cons: Traditional slasher film intelligence applies a.k.a. stupid people. Even though the film transitions from the childhood Michael to where the first film began, not everything happens the way it was portrayed in the original (if that's what some of you are expecting). The childhood portion of the film was a little long I think, though.

Conclusion: 4.5/5.0. To put it simply, this film, had it been made first, would have eliminated the need for 7 more sequels. I feel that this was Zombie's first chance to make a quality film, and a rather challenging one to be compared to a horror classic. I think he did quite a good job, and in more ways than not I prefer this version. If you're a fan of the Halloween series, I can't fathom that you would not enjoy and appreciate the depth this movie brings to the character. If you're not necessarily a slasher film type of person or just have never seen or enjoyed any of the other Halloween films, you probably shouldn't be taking time out to see it. However, if you've never seen a Halloween movie, this would be the one to see.

-Kevin

I think it was pretty good but it seemed a little less comming from the maker of Rob zombie. I suggest some people wait to see it because i felt it was ruined by these teenagers Yelling the "N word" and "Watch out bitch your gonna die" and so on. definently better then i thought it would be but i would put it on the very bottom of rob zombies movies

I thought it was worth watching. They made Michael HUGE.....Kinda like the size of John Coffee in "Green Mile" to all the other guys. He is just fuggin big and strong. Lots of dumb "why the hell did you go in there or do that" was said during the movie, but it was good. I like the fact it took you back to the start to see what made him snap and when he started killing. Oh, several nice bewby shots!!!

I looked it up. The guy who played Michael is Tyler Mane, the same guy who played the big badass Trojan in the beginning of Troy (not the guy Brad Pitt killed, but the big dude with the beard who was one of Brad Pitt's Arcadians). He also was Sabertooth in the first X-Men. I liked the fact that he got big as fuck. Makes all the unbelievable acts of strength slightly more believable. Mane is 6'8" and built all to hell.

-Kevin

I looked it up. The guy who played Michael is Tyler Mane, the same guy who played the big badass Trojan in the beginning of Troy (not the guy Brad Pitt killed, but the big dude with the beard who was one of Brad Pitt's Arcadians). He also was Sabertooth in the first X-Men. I liked the fact that he got big as fuck. Makes all the unbelievable acts of strength slightly more believable. Mane is 6'8" and built all to hell.

-Kevin

Good to know..Michael is a bad ass in this movie. First time they showed him in the cell when the two guards went in there and one was touching his masks and talking shit....When he stood up, I was like holy shit!

I agree he was a fucking monster. they did a low camera shot to make him look even bigger and im shure they used a lil shorter guards just to make him looking freaking rediculous.

where is arena grand. i normally try to see movies at 11 or when there last showing is so i dont have the imature teenagers that snuck in because they are not of age to by the tickets.

Michael Clark Duncan isnt really that tall, if youve seen him some other movies next to taller guys he doesnt tower them. Camera angles can decieve people. The dude that plays the new Michael is huge. 6'8 is 6'8 no matter what camera angle they use!! I didnt like the movie myself, but hey to each thier own