Anyone's Plasma TV "buzz"

nurkvinny

Last year, I bought a 42" HP Plasma tv. Recently, after being on for a few minutes, it starts humming and buzzing. LOUDLY. Tapping on the tv frame makes it stop, for a minute. This goes on forever.

Very frustrating. To the point it is going to go away if I can't find a fix.

Anyone hear of this as an issue for plasma tvs?

could be a cooling system problem.....if it just started and is more noticable now than before, especially from say 10-12' away then you might want to call for service. does it multiple fans on the back of the unit? what brand?

see if it's more noticeable when the screen is on a bright scene or quieter when it's dark.

check the back of the two units.....the 42 may not have fans depending on the age....newer ones tend not to....the 50 likely does. 42's tend to run pretty hot for that reason.

my parents own a 50 and the 42. Not sure exactly which model you got. but the 50 doesnt put out anywhere near the heat that the 42 does.

Mine is 42, HP. Yes, the buzzing changes between, say "Movie" and "Vivid" modes. It is louder on the brighter, Vivid mode.

cause its putting out more heat fans have to run or run harder. just like fans in a computer after a while they sometimes get noisy. sounds like you need a service call to replace the faulty fan or fans.

cause its putting out more heat fans have to run or run harder. just like fans in a computer after a while they sometimes get noisy. sounds like you need a service call to replace the faulty fan or fans.

This idea sounds good, but this noise is not a bad fan or fans. This is a very electical-sounding buzz like if you stand beside an electical transformer.

power supply? circuit board of some type? if it's a Toshiba....good luck....seriously....I hope it's not....and I'm not slamming them because I work for Panny.....

This idea sounds good, but this noise is not a bad fan or fans. This is a very electical-sounding buzz like if you stand beside an electical transformer.

I've got a big baller LG 60", no real problems but a lot of screen burn in especially with video games. If you can hit it and it stops then it's an electrical contact issue and should be easily fixed by a tv repair shop. It could also possibly be an interference issue... if you're using audio through the inputs in the back try using a ground loop isolator (can be had at radio shack).

ew that could be a lot of things. we had one on the floor that did that. it wasn't long for this world after it started either. if i remember right it turned out to be one of the resistors on one of the circuit boards. those can be expensive. getting that deep into it is a bit over my head. do you have any kind of maintenance program or warranty with it? also how old is it. swry if you already stated that.