Jackets tickets

HotCarl

So being a fan of NHL and hockey in general I always like to catch a game but anytime ive gone Ive always had the hookup on tickets. Im going to the 7pm preseason game tomorow against Chicago (yeah i know, this should be an exciting game huh?) Being preseason and a game thats not in high demand I dont think getting tix at the box office should be a big deal but has anyone ever had trouble with it being sold out or crappy seats. I looked on a ticket website but it only gave me ranges of 11$-110$. Wasnt there some sort of deal that Huntington or some other business would buy out 500 tix, then sell them 15min before gametime? Wonder if I could score some good seats that way.

I thought about getting season tix, if their still available, but im pretty sure those are expensive and I'd hate to go to everygame by myself :(

Huntington Green seats. I believe they begin selling them at the boxes office there 1-2 hours before games. I think they're $10. Almost every game I've been to, I've sat in the Green seats and I think they're decent. Be there when they open, because the line fills quickly and usually sells out.

Edit:

"**Two (2) hours before every Blue Jackets home game, 250 tickets are released in the 200 Level. These $10 Huntington Green Seats may only be purchased in person at the Nationwide Arena Box Office and are subject to availability."

http://bluejackets.nhl.com/team/app?service=page&page=NHLPage&bcid=are_seat_single

"**Two (2) hours before every Blue Jackets home game, 250 tickets are released in the 200 Level. These $10 Huntington Green Seats may only be purchased in person at the Nationwide Arena Box Office and are subject to availability."

http://bluejackets.nhl.com/team/app?service=page&page=NHLPage&bcid=are_seat_single

Thats exactly what I was thinking about. I'll try and grab some of those. I dont really want to pay alot just to see the blackhawk's, when the rangers/islanders come to town i'll get better seats. Ive sat in level B 72$ seats before and they were really good seats. As long as I dont have to pay for someone else I dont mind shelling out the money for myself. note: hockey games make horrible dates.

I go to a few Jackets games each year. I've got it narrowed down to two paths:

1. CraigsList for "good" seats (lower bowl, somewhat close to the glass) of teams that I want to see play. Like this year, I'm going to see Atlanta, Washington, and Tampa Bay. Some guy on CraigsList sold me two $71 seats for $50 each. So hitting up CraigsList for cheaper tickets is always an option for games you really want to see.

1. Huntington green seats. You can't beat this deal. It was easier when I worked near OSU, I'd just go down there a bit before 5:00 and get some seats for me and the wife. No service charge, the seats are decent, and plent of $5 parking spots around. Where I work now (Busch Blvd.), I won't be able to make it down there for these seats anymore... :(