Newb with LS1 FD

Guest Rhythm

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm... sound like we need to talk, lol. I was thinking about that today, but the only options are to swap in a cobra IRS rear end $$$$. Might be the way to go though. What options do you think i have if i want to keep the 4.10's?

My cam is a TR reverse split 236/230 with supporting valve springs and push rods. It's an 02 motor so i'm taking it to about 6500 or so on the otherwise stock bottom end.

I'm open for ideas guys! Don't really want to spray...

Taller tire and spinning the motor to 7k. I have a stock bottom end LSx and I shift at 6900.

i live in Michigan right now, but i come out when i can. last time i was out it was right after i got pulled over going like 140+ in a 65, so i was in no mood to race. the time before that there was a guy with an LS1 RX-7 but he didnt want to race me because he had a broken speedo or needed to get wendys or something i forget. time before that there was like people going 35 in reverse and doing burnouts in the parking lot so i left. since then i havent had a chance to bring the car back down, it seems i always need to have my other car with me so the RX-7 stays behind.

Why dont you race me? I have yet to even see a rotary powered street car worth a fuck.

Come up with the boys on the 20th. Your choice of race-and I'll keep it on pump gas for ya.

LS1FD guy- Welcome-the car looks good.

Why dont you race me? I have yet to even see a rotary powered street car worth a fuck.

Are you dumb or slow, well no JP let me rephrase that. Whomever you have seen that has a rotary power street car must be dumb or slow. There is a few in central ohio, that run pretty damn good. Is trapping 125, running better than worth a fuck?

Jackson

Are you dumb or slow, well no JP let me rephrase that. Whomever you have seen that has a rotary power street car must be dumb or slow. There is a few in central ohio, that run pretty damn good. Is trapping 125, running better than worth a fuck?

Jackson

I work on/built parts for a FD that was trapping 130's before it was sold. And for what he, and the other FD's around here have in them time and $ wise-they should be going 140's.

125 is quick, yes, but 125 for example would have just made for a good camera car last night.

Its not so much the rotary guys on here, but Rotary people in general and RX7club members spend 10k on a motor and turbo set up, buy a 2k EMS they dont know how to use, pay someone to build and tune it-make 400whp-and think they are the new Johnny Bravo of 270. It gets annoying. Sorry if I offended you.

Rant off.

I understand what you are saying, we are good JP, you never offended me. I was just wondering what you were talking about. Yes, many people spends lots in the RX-7 community spend lots of time and money on their cars just to acheive 400 whp, but who cares it is there car. Now, when they act like they are johnny bravo of 270, race em, take their money, and put them in their place! Thats whats up!

Jackson

The people I have met that have rotary RX7's are very different from other car groups I have seen. Most are very meticulous and have a technical education. Not that they are mechanics. I just see a lot of IT, programmer, engineer, or professional people in these cars, Vs. other car groups. Drag racing is not a big pull for me, and from the other RX7 guys I have meet, I would say 80% lean toward road course tracks instead of quarter mile. So, to say that you haven't seen one worth the trouble, make any power or a good pass, is understandable. I haven't seen many Lotus owners put down any great times. But, then I wouldn't got to the quarter mile track much with one of those either. It's still a nice car though. I like cars enough to know what I want out of what I'm driving. I respect other builds for their uniqueness. But, I think if I got to the point where I was looking down on other peoples rides that have good thought behind the build(not just Kmart bolt ons). It would take the fun out of the car scene for me.

Let's not forget, the 13B rotary is going on 15 years old. Yet, still out and making enough power to surprise most people.

Guest chpmnsws6
hmmm... sound like we need to talk, lol. I was thinking about that today, but the only options are to swap in a cobra IRS rear end $$$$. Might be the way to go though. What options do you think i have if i want to keep the 4.10's?

My cam is a TR reverse split 236/230 with supporting valve springs and push rods. It's an 02 motor so i'm taking it to about 6500 or so on the otherwise stock bottom end.

I'm open for ideas guys! Don't really want to spray...

turbo II rear end and a set of 28 inch tall tires?

Nice looking car.

welcome. where in dayton you live. ive been living in kettering for about a month now for school. anything good go down up here.

I'm in the Beavercreek/Fairborn area by Wright State. There's a pretty big meet at the Greene on Friday afternoon. Mostly an older crowd, but a lot of nice cars. There's also a few meets at night on the weekends.

sweet. maybe ill be up there this friday and check the cars out. i stoped by for the car show at kmart. alot of old hot rods. where at in the greene and what time. i live at the beaver ridge apartments off E Dorthy area

The people I have met that have rotary RX7's are very different from other car groups I have seen. Most are very meticulous and have a technical education. Not that they are mechanics. I just see a lot of IT, programmer, engineer, or professional people in these cars, Vs. other car groups. Drag racing is not a big pull for me, and from the other RX7 guys I have meet, I would say 80% lean toward road course tracks instead of quarter mile. So, to say that you haven't seen one worth the trouble, make any power or a good pass, is understandable. I haven't seen many Lotus owners put down any great times. But, then I wouldn't got to the quarter mile track much with one of those either. It's still a nice car though. I like cars enough to know what I want out of what I'm driving. I respect other builds for their uniqueness. But, I think if I got to the point where I was looking down on other peoples rides that have good thought behind the build(not just Kmart bolt ons). It would take the fun out of the car scene for me.

Let's not forget, the 13B rotary is going on 15 years old. Yet, still out and making enough power to surprise most people.

Joe, the 13B-rew is 15 years old(92 J-spec) However, the 13B-resi was in the 84 GSL-LE(S3), therefore making it 24 years old. Honestly, I think the 13B was in a car before the FB S3, but I could be wrong. Maybe somebody will chime in and fill me in.

Jackson

sweet. maybe ill be up there this friday and check the cars out. i stoped by for the car show at kmart. alot of old hot rods. where at in the greene and what time. i live at the beaver ridge apartments off E Dorthy area

Sorry, the one at Kmart across from the Greene is what I meant. It takes a while for the non-hot rods to show up. After that, some people go to Quaker Steak and Lube. If you want to know about the other meets, send me a PM!

Linn, what is the difference between these heads and the AFR 225's? Which one yeilds betters performance?

Jackson

The trick flow heads are making more power and out flow the AFRs. I am thinking about selling my ported LS6 heads to buy a set of trick flows. I wish these heads would have been out when i bought mine. There are stock bottom end ls1 powered cars making 500+rwhp with these heads.

Come up with the boys on the 20th. Your choice of race-and I'll keep it on pump gas for ya.

LS1FD guy- Welcome-the car looks good.

If we ever cross paths, im down for a friendly race. I dont plan on going out of my way to set anything up and i wouldn't expect you to either.

If we ever cross paths, im down for a friendly race. I dont plan on going out of my way to set anything up and i wouldn't expect you to either.

Are you going to Norwalk Friday? Rt 20 is a nice strip for a roll race.

If not-you should come up int he CR armada on Oct 20th.