Bought Another Car...

Wease

Since I gave my winter beater / daily driver Geo Prizm to my daughter, I needed something else to bum around in for winter or whatever. Driving either of my Mustangs is out of the question, so I started looking around for something fun to drive with 4 doors that I could just pay cash for. I was really trying to find a supercharged Regal GS, but couldn't find any local that were the mileage, condition, and price I wanted. Then I just happened to find this:

http://www.wease.net/pics/SVTContour1.jpg

1998 SVT Contour, 5 speed (of course), all available options, 78K miles, no winters, picked it up for just $5K. It's in great shape, needs nothing, runs and drives perfect. It's actually really fun to drive, for a Contour... :lol:

Nice purchase. Hit some corners with it. That thing should handle very well. Try CEG (contour.org) if you have any questions about it.

The cougar shares the contours platform. I haven't had any problems with my 2.5.

Yup. For those who don't know, it's a 195 HP / 167 TQ 2.5L DOHC V6. Not fast by today's standards (or even 1998, I guess), but I don't care. It's got some pep, is good on gas (20 - 29 MPG), and you don't see them on the road, which is always a bonus for cars that I like to drive... :nod:

Welcome to the wonderfully slow world of CSVTS. I rock a 2000 SVT occasionally. I love cruising in the car, it really is a blast to drive.

Corners like a champ, and it's always fun hearing the secondaires opening up. Only wish it put down more power. They take eons to top out, no road is long enough I swear.

Congrats with your purchase!