2009 Honda DN-01

SWing'R

NOT a Ferrari if it shifts itself. Sorry' date=' I firmly believe that. Maybe a Porsche with a Black and Yellow horse emblem on the hood, but not a Ferrari.

I like the bike. I get what you are saying about it being a motorcycle and not a scooter. And scooters aren't classified as such, they are classified as motorcycles. You need a motorcycle endorsement to ride one, just like that new Honda thing. The only scooters that don't require an endorsement are the ones limited to 30mph. They are classified as 'mopeds.'

So, you win based on a technicality. Yeah!! :D[/quote']

pretty sure lambo makes an automatic. and it comes with a paddle shifter too:confused:

Ehh i'm not a fan. I would get bored if I didn't have to shift. The thing doesn't look bad but you couldn't lean it over at all. I can see why they're making it and I think it'll sell but it's not for me and I'll probably make fun of people if I see them riding it.

I've seen video of somebody scraping the shit out of it on some corners.

And I agree witp IP about the $6500 thing.

Dude' date=' it's $14,500. Sorry, I haven't found a Honda worth more than $6500.[/quote']

That can be said for any brand. But I have 2 bikes in the garage that were getting traded in on the new monster zx6 but I am still buying that honda as long as my wife likes it since it is for her.

I think a cross between a scooter and and cruiser isn't really accurate either. It is what it is' date=' an automatic motorcycle. People still want to call it a scooter because to the majority of riders out there, anything that is automatic is just a scooter. Can't quite follow that logic, would an automatic transmission Ferarri NOT be a Ferarri?? Maybe an insult to an enthusiast, but still a Ferrari.[/quote']

Dude, it has nothing to do with the tranny as much as it does the look. About everyone on here thinks scooter/cruiser when they look at it. Cycle World even called it that. I'd consider you outside the norm...

Calling it a scooter because of the tranny isn't what we are referring to here. If it were a CBR600RR with an auto tranny, they wouldn't liken it with a scooter...:rolleyes:

That can be said for any brand.

There are a PILE of bikes out there well worth the asking price considering technology, performance, etc.

This has none of those things and simply is catering to a set demographic. Whether we like it or not, it was designed for a set group. Apparently, your wife fits that demographic and that's cool. But to think this bike is worth $14k plus and saying that say, the new R1 isn't worth $12k is crazy...

Technology is worth something. This bike is more style and function than anything...