How is AT&T/Cingular in the Columbus area?

slow4now

I had been with Virzon for 6 years. The last 4 of those years were when I first got into the mortgage business. I got sent to Iraq and called to put the account on HOLD. They told me it could only be on HOLD for 3 months and I would have to call and reset the hold every 3 months. What I didn't want was to lose the # my customers had known to reach me. I had already mailed them all to tell them I would be gone a year. That way when I got back I could just mail them and let them know I was back in the office. Verizon never sends me my last 2 months bills before the HOLD date I gave them. You can see I called to set this up with plenty of advance notice, 2 months. So I'm in Iraq 3 months and call Verizon to extend the hold as I was told to do. My account is canceled and sent to collections. Now, they had a copy of my orders. It's illegal to cancel an account, repossess a car, or foreclose a home, if someone is deployed. I asked about my #, and they said it was already reissued. I was so pissed. The # is all I cared about. Changing #'s shows instability and is change that can lose people.

I should have taken them to court for it. When I got home I went in and met with managers, paid the balance, and was told someone from the corporate office would be in touch. They never called and it showed me that I meant nothing to them. I had never missed a payment. My bill for 2 months was $444. They made plenty of money off me, and fucked me over because they don't know how to communicate.

I mailed out the info to my customers letting them know the new # and that I was back. But, I personally think it affected my business at some level.

Fuck Verizon.

You should have taken them to court. Thats just bad business in so many ways.

I was pretty heated about it. At the time though, I was just glad to be home and was doing all I could to de-stress and be nice again(so to speak). I spent a week in the smokey's and sat in a hot tub in a cabin in the mountains. I ate steak, drove go carts, and looked at the shit in Hickville there. I paid them and blew it off. I just didn't want the hassle. I do my best to make sure people don't get screwed over by them by telling about what happened to me. I'm a huge fan of customer service. You can make a mistake, but I want to see that you are making an effort to compensate me for it and show me you want my business.

Your case was one where the ball was dropped. For the most part customer service is pretty good. The worst part about customer service is that you only deal with a few people. If you have bad luck and talk to 5 stupid representatives then you will end up with your situation. One good rep could have fixed it all for you in 30 minutes.

Its not normal practice...

"According to a survey by J.D. Power and Associates, bad treating customers is the best thing to do to loose them. Customers who rate their cell phone company's service below average are four times more likely to switch to a new cell phone provider. And the survey revealed that Nextel and Verizon offer the best customer service, while Sprint PCS had the worse rating. However, it's worth mentioning that Sprint recently uindertook a radical change in the way they treat their customers...."

Your case was one where the ball was dropped. For the most part customer service is pretty good. The worst part about customer service is that you only deal with a few people. If you have bad luck and talk to 5 stupid representatives then you will end up with your situation. One good rep could have fixed it all for you in 30 minutes.

Its not normal practice...

"According to a survey by J.D. Power and Associates, bad treating customers is the best thing to do to loose them. Customers who rate their cell phone company's service below average are four times more likely to switch to a new cell phone provider. And the survey revealed that Nextel and Verizon offer the best customer service, while Sprint PCS had the worse rating. However, it's worth mentioning that Sprint recently uindertook a radical change in the way they treat their customers...."

Sprint can lick my balls!

radical change? hmmmm they still suck very badly!