project mini me

Guest extremedreamsjh

Guest Removed

hay dumbass, did i say that was a mini me. no. do you even see a v-tec noid?, and the plug wires are in the wrong spot as well! that would be a d16a6

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/milkys%20bottle%20fed%20civic/100_1565.jpg

stone stock, reringed, cam gear, header, fart can, and more spray then the orkin man!

and where did i say it was built, i stated i built it! considering this is what happend to the stock 1.5 on a 150 shot!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/milkys%20bottle%20fed%20civic/100_1425.jpg

I was doing vtec head swaps when you was in middle school. hence how i learned im better off throwing money at something worth building!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/alittlelessordinary/d16z6.jpg

Yay for D series engine pics!!

When you say "I built it" I consider that actually doing something other then slapping nitrous on a motor, but hey one mans version of building something is totally different then another mans.

Guest Removed

considering i re"built" the damn engine, swapped the injection systems, and ported everything and yeah, i slapped some spray on it! and considering the way it runs, NO one belives its a sohc for that matter.

and just why are we arguing anyway? anyway you look at it, its still just another honda civic.

Your uber fast CRX going to be up and running next year? If so, you can have the hit from a dig, with my car!

haha idk why you are arguing...i have posted 2 or 3 times that i didnt intend on starting a riot, just helping the poor kid from being mis-guided. And yeah my "uber fast crx" will be up and running next year. But I however prob wont be around here. Since im going to the Air Force I could be half way around the world. But dont worry if I am in town for a weekend and have my car with me, we'll try to set something up my man. Also it'll have to be after September 17th 2008 cause thats when I get my license back haha!

Guest extremedreamsjh
HEYHEY guys no need to keep arguing. This isn't the thread for it. If you have some advice for a first time honda swapper that's greatly appreciated. Like maybe some good websites to buy good parts and not cheapy ones that'll break (i.e. ebay places) lol right now I really need to find a good LOW CR head gasket...

HEYHEY guys no need to keep arguing. This isn't the thread for it. If you have some advice for a first time honda swapper that's greatly appreciated. Like maybe some good websites to buy good parts and not cheapy ones that'll break (i.e. ebay places) lol right now I really need to find a good LOW CR head gasket...

That's why you should just use the a6 head.Lower compression head gaskets suck for us

Tons of post on why they suck

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=715124

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2039783

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/tech/0104scc_engine_work/index.html

quote from the sport compact car article

"GReddy and HKS also sell thick, 2mm (or sometimes thicker) headgaskets for the purpose of lowering the engines compression ratio for a turbo kit without spending money on special pistons. Although this is a cheap way to lower compression, it is not the best way to do so. A thicker head gasket is more likely to blow out, because there is more surface area around the bore for detonation pressure to impinge upon.A thick head gasket also makes the cylinder head's quench areas ineffective, increasing the propensity to detonate more than the suggested reduction of compression the head gaskets would seemingly indicate. An engine that has the compression ratio reduced to 8.5:1 via a thick headgasket may have a detonation threshold of a 9:1 compression engine due to the loss of quench."

so either....

A) just get an oem or whatever gasket and get a GOOD reputable tuner not some guy you know who tunes (a good tuner knows what needs to be done to work with the extra compression)

B) lower comp pistons (vitaras,but then you might as well do rods,supposedly z6 pistons lower it a point as well but I have no actual expirence with that but its in an article I posted earlier)

C) use the a6 head and be done with it.

If you really want the added flow of the vtec head a small cheap port job would have the same effect.The reason people with mini-me's even get SLIGHTLY higher hp has less to do with the vtec and more to do with the added full point of compression,which you dont want.

What other parts are you looking for Im getting rid of a ton of stuff (boost controller.vacuum manifold,motorola map sensors, etc etc) and I know good sites with good prices

your crazy lol...

Which gasket oem,low comp or what?

regular old metal head gasket-autozone

cometic regular or low comp-straight from them

http://www.cometic.com/sportcompact.aspx

oem-

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=Civic&catcgry2=1992&catcgry3=3DR+SI&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=CYLINDER+HEAD+%282%29

Advice... hmm, don't do it? :D

J/k

Guest extremedreamsjh
HAHA don't do it?? that's funny... You can call me crazy all you want but I still can't find a LOW CR gasket anywhere... not even that saite you gave me... all they have are stock thickness.. .030" I believe...

Maybe thats a sign you shouldn't use one ;)

google searched honda low compression head gasket.Thats with around 2 mins of searching.The cometic site I sent you will have them, if it's not listed email or call them and ask them.

http://inlinepro.com/

http://www.hondamarketplace.com/zerothread?id=1687449&page=16

There are tons more.You also need an aftermarket cam gear to re adjust the timing with those.In all seriousness going off of the price of the inlinepro 200 dollar gasket,add a 50-60 dollar cam gear and additional tuning thats alot of money for something thats not going to do much but give you a false sense of saftey. (see my other post)

Really just get an oem or stock equivalent and find a good tuner. 40 bucks to majestic honda for an oem honda head gasket is a steal.There are tons of ppl with turbo mini-me's runing around without low comp head gaskets,but tuning is the key.

;)

If your him I saw you in person like 3 times since then and you never brought that up for some reason? I thought I paid you all of it back considering you junked the hatch or parted it out and made money off of that too and you paid me 200 or 300? or something like that for it...anyways pm me about it so we don't clutter up this kids post.

Guest extremedreamsjh
haha yeah I know I could easily just g et it tuned but that alone will cost money too.. I can tune a car in decent enough. I just also know I'd like to be able to keep this motor going without blowing it up to soon...

Guest Raddodubbs
Hey John look I got my S/N back lol....for everyone else I am the guy helpin john with the swap lol...And if low compression is a joke why does every car that boost usually run low compression??

NOT BY USING LOW COMP HEADGASKETS.There is a right and wrong way to do things.The only proper way on a honda to reduce compression is by using lower compression pistons.Did you read any of my other post lol? Low compression is not a joke.Low compression head gaskets are.

recap for the non readers

"GReddy and HKS also sell thick, 2mm (or sometimes thicker) headgaskets for the purpose of lowering the engines compression ratio for a turbo kit without spending money on special pistons. Although this is a cheap way to lower compression, it is not the best way to do so. A thicker head gasket is more likely to blow out, because there is more surface area around the bore for detonation pressure to impinge upon.A thick head gasket also makes the cylinder head's quench areas ineffective, increasing the propensity to detonate more than the suggested reduction of compression the head gaskets would seemingly indicate. An engine that has the compression ratio reduced to 8.5:1 via a thick headgasket may have a detonation threshold of a 9:1 compression engine due to the loss of quench."

so you understand what that is saying right?

Guest extremedreamsjh
the only time you should run into a problem with a Low CR HG would be if you boost the shit on something...We're not planning on running a high boost application...

Thats also the problem..It's not what psi your motor can handle its what hp level.

10 psi on my t3/t4 is not the same as 10 psi on a dsm t25.At the same level those turbos will blow diffrent amounts of air,and produce diffrent amounts of horsepower,be at diffrent efficiency levels and have diffrent tuning needs.

So whats high boost? Whats low boost? Motors can blow up on 5psi.Motors can blow up at 20 psi.It doesn't matter.It seems like your under the impression that if you run a low number nothing will happen because it's not doing as much.Im not trying to be an asshole but this is advice from someone whos done what your trying to do and who currently has sohc d16 turbo setup.

edit.

What are you going to tune it with even?

Crome is good.It's what im using.Simple to learn on and easy to use.

get an ostrich to use with it from moates.net.I don't have one and it sucks balls,do a pull stop the car, turn it off, pull the chip, make a change, burn the new chip, put it back in, turn the car back on, do another pull ,then repeat the whole process.With an ostrich you make a change while the cars running in real time and the car reacts to it.No stoping and pulling out the chip bullshit,but thats really on you if that ability is worth 200 extra dollars.Im cheap.

Compression doesnt really matter honestly. Honestly higher compression will allow you to make the same amount of power with 8lbs of boost that you would make on 15lbs of boost on a low c/r setup. The only thing that really matters honestly is the tune!! Have a repitable tuner do your work and you should be alright. If your going to go with Chrome I would send it to Blundar down at zerolift, since he is the one who created the stuff lol