Decision time

Twistedrx7

Alright well long story short. My Motor went out on my on friday. I ended up Fracturing a seal in my rear rotor.

Now im thinking of what i want to do to the motor, or if i even want to keep it rotary.

If i keep it a 13b than i am going with all new housings and rotors and cermaic seals. An aggressive streetport with Semi P Port. And a 500r turbo.(gt3574r) with 4" exhaust

or ls1.with kenny bell sc

If you have any real input and not my friend did this, i would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Alright well long story short. My Motor went out on my on friday. I ended up Fracturing a seal in my rear rotor.

Now im thinking of what i want to do to the motor, or if i even want to keep it rotary.

If i keep it a 13b than i am going with all new housings and rotors and cermaic seals. An aggressive streetport with Semi P Port. And a 500r turbo.(gt3574r) with 4" exhaust

Thanks.

hey! why don't you stop by the shop, to go over what you need to do.

http://www.rx7store.net

Thanks.

I would do a large street port with a T04Z. That setup at 15lbs will give you 440 RWHP. The 500r is not going to give you anymore power and its $1500 more.

Dont do ceramic seals. Big waste of money

Jason

The v8 motor swap will make it fast. It will also add weight and take away from the incredible sound. My reason for getting an rx7 would be to have a *quick*, light, turn machine. Not to have a bastard in the straight line.

no! he didn't get it tune at the rx7store.

sorry for the mixup, perhaps he just got it dynoed there then? I thought I remembered a dyno sheet being posted from him not too long ago.

OP, what were you running for fuel control?

The v8 motor swap will make it fast. It will also add weight and take away from the incredible sound. My reason for getting an rx7 would be to have a *quick*, light, turn machine. Not to have a bastard in the straight line.

correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the weight gain minimal, if any, when swapping the turbo rotary for a N/A LSx motor.

i'd go LSx---reliability, and overall potential being the main reasons--i know any motor can have potential, but not as easily as an LSx.