Pretty sure i'm picking up a new car.

OGRE

I saw it on auto trader about 2am the evening it was posted and called him that moring, he started laughing because i asked him if he wanted any money to hold it till next saturday. he said he would and now i'm looking for a trailer. i'll check u-haul prices this week.

is something wrong with it?

no he's having a kid, and his girlfriend is making him get rid of it, ther is a minor accident on carfax but that was over 4 years ago, he says, i'm running a carfax on it this week.

he says it's his daily driver.

and 80k miles is right for the stock clutch.

i'll look it over saturdday before i hand him the money, no doubt about that, but i'm not worried.

I saw it on auto trader about 2am the evening it was posted and called him that moring, he started laughing because i asked him if he wanted any money to hold it till next saturday. he said he would and now i'm looking for a trailer. i'll check u-haul prices this week.

Why trailer it back?

Looks like its in great condition ?

well it is an 8.5 hour drive, i have an expedition to pull a trailer, u-haul car carrier (flat-bed) is $120 for the amount of days i will need it.

i can fly to NY for $129, take the plates off my G5 and drive it home.

i save $100 bucks in fuel by flying out, but risk getting busted on the way home, small risk i know but a risk none-the-less.

you can go to the state highway patrol in newyork and get what is called a one way trip ticket. it cost 1$. i dont remeber what all you need. i think just the title but it doesn't have to be transfered yet and an insurance card saying you do have insurance. this is what i need in west virginia to get a few trucks from there. its only good for one way which is from his house to yours. might wana give them a call and check on that.

well it is an 8.5 hour drive, i have an expedition to pull a trailer, u-haul car carrier (flat-bed) is $120 for the amount of days i will need it.

i can fly to NY for $129, take the plates off my G5 and drive it home.

i save $100 bucks in fuel by flying out, but risk getting busted on the way home, small risk i know but a risk none-the-less.

actually i have driven cars home from many places without plates at all, or on the previous owners plates, and mailed them back.

as long as you have the title in hand and shows that you just purchased it along with some insurance (most insurance companies will cover a new car you buy for 30 days without notice, or atleast thats what my insurance agent told me)

anywho.. just drive it back on that guys plates and mail them back.

I have been told by my insurance agent that you are covered for 30 days after you purchase a vehicle and you have an existing policy. Also I believe you are given so many days from the time you purchase a vehicle before you must obtain plates, however you must have the title or bill of sale.

I have been told by my insurance agent that you are covered for 30 days after you purchase a vehicle and you have an existing policy. Also I believe you are given so many days from the time you purchase a vehicle before you must obtain plates, however you must have the title or bill of sale.

exactly

bought my ticket, just going to use the plates off my G5. i dont have the title. i'm sure there is no problems it's the guys daily. if there is problems, i'll know within the couple of minutes driving it, and checking it out, and i'll buy a ticket home, still cheaper thant toting the expedition out there.