2001 Yahama YZF 600r..what's it worth if i want to buy it?

SuperHawk

I think i found a good bike.

Here's the ad...

its a 2001 Yahama YZF 600r. It has been barely ridden, and only has 4500 miles on it. It runs perfect, and is in great shape. Goodies on it include a vance and hines sss2r slip on exhaust, tinted windshield, flush mount lights, and a tank bra.

Theres a picture.

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x14/ ... 080096.jpg

Guy says clean title/never been down. $2500.

What do you guys think?

Also, how would this compare to my 99 Superhawk, faster/slower, handle better/worse?

thanks

Matt

I think i found a good bike.

Here's the ad...

its a 2001 Yahama YZF 600r. It has been barely ridden, and only has 4500 miles on it. It runs perfect, and is in great shape. Goodies on it include a vance and hines sss2r slip on exhaust, tinted windshield, flush mount lights, and a tank bra.

Theres a picture.

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x14/ ... 080096.jpg

Guy says clean title/never been down. $2500.

What do you guys think?

Also, how would this compare to my 99 Superhawk, faster/slower, handle better/worse?

thanks

Matt

Not as distinctive as your superhawk for sure. I know there are a few 'hawks running around here but they're far fewer than most other bikes (Ducs not included).

Not that any of this answers your questions.

what are you hoping to get out of changing bikes?

The YZF will be faster in a straight line, but not by a ton. I definately love the sound of a sport v-twin with pipes on it. Both bikes have more upright riding positions than their newer/racier counterparts. I'm betting that the YZF would make a little better track bike, but once again by a small margin.

I vote you keep the super-chicken. It's more distincitve, and I think has a bigger "fun to ride" factor over the YZF as long as you don't mind the lower mileage and abrupt on/off throttle transition and engine braking enherit with the twin.

what are you hoping to get out of changing bikes?

The YZF will be faster in a straight line, but not by a ton. I definately love the sound of a sport v-twin with pipes on it. Both bikes have more upright riding positions than their newer/racier counterparts. I'm betting that the YZF would make a little better track bike, but once again by a small margin.

I vote you keep the super-chicken. It's more distincitve, and I think has a bigger "fun to ride" factor over the YZF as long as you don't mind the lower mileage and abrupt on/off throttle transition and engine braking enherit with the twin.

This is the ONLY thing I hate about the hawk. It kills me, but there's nothing I can do, no matter how slowly I twist the throttle closed, or on hard/slow shifts, it does it, makes me look retared, lol.

Actually the bike wouldn't be 100% for me. It'd be a 2nd bike for me and a first for my girl, we'd go half on it.

thanks for the input

yeah...that's one of the downsides of v-twins. You can tune around it a bit, but it never goes completely away...nature of the beast I guess.

There's certainly nothing wrong with the YZF. Performance wise I'd place it about the same as a CBR600F2 or F3. It's a little heavier of a bike and has a WIDE gas tank, which you'll want to consider if your girlfriend is going ride it regularly (or learn on it for that matter)

They're great starter bikes and really comfortable.I have a 97,and apparently they detuned them in 98,so if you're planning on getting it for your girl,this would be a great bike with plenty of ass behind it,but not break neck racebike fast.And for one hell of a price I might add.You are more then welcome to try mine if you'd like.

Oh and value wise,that bikes probably worth about $3800-4000.