Harley XR1200??

Casper

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Until they make something that tops this...

gb_2_1.jpg

I'll keep my 5 yr old Jap bikes.

even the those vrods are not impressive I was talking to a guy in sturgis had a tricked out vrod big bore, super charger, exhaust and after all the money invested it was making whopping 152hp and ran in the 11.10's

His issue is the stock gearing. I'd have to see 60' times to verify, but that'd be my guess.

Impressive or not, I like the VRODs - especially that night rod there.

And, for once, it's cheaper than the Jap Bike competition (2nd Gen VMax) - unless you want to throw the performance argument in there, then it's the VMax hands down. I'd like to have them both in my garage - except I wouldn't buy either brand new.

hey harb that thing will walk all over your 650r. in the straights and the twisties. you guyz are only looking at the hp. if you ever noticed a twin dosn't get its go from hp it's done by tourqe. it makes 74 ftlbs at 4000 rpm. neither you or tomin40's bike come anywhere close to that.

Well if you want to talk torque (HD guys always do for some reason) then no, a 600cc map bike DOESNT make 74 ft lbs, but they do make more than the STD sportster does with 1/2 the displacement. Now, let's level the playing field and put your 1200cc up against my 1299 cc and let's talk tq. Not only do I make more tq, I also make about 2x the hp, and 75 whopping ft/lbs or not, that 600cc japper is gonna walk all over that 20 y/o turd.

HD is doing what it does best. Selling an image. Do you think anyone would buy a 40y/o replica of a 90 hp japper? No. Why? Because the educated public knows it's a rip off. That's a way over due (by like 20 years) way over priced turd.

See, that's your problem Dweezel, you go throwing in "facts and figures" that no typical HD rider cares about.

Lets see you try to prove your argument about what bike is better when you're only allowed to talk about 1) How loud it is? and 2) What country it's from?

hey harb that thing will walk all over your 650r. in the straights and the twisties. you guyz are only looking at the hp. if you ever noticed a twin dosn't get its go from hp it's done by tourqe. it makes 74 ftlbs at 4000 rpm. neither you or tomin40's bike come anywhere close to that.

Ok, look at it in a more clear way. Too many HD guys TRY and justify their bike's performance with torque. They rest too much on it.

Sure, it has 74 ft lbs. Big deal. When it weighs almost 600 pounds, that doesn't mean a whole lot. When you have a Japanese in-line 600 with 110 hp at the ground and weighs 360-370 lbs., it's gonna cream that pile of shit HD. Also, when comparing to an SV, you give SO MUCH in terms of weight. Trust me when I tell you that the HD would get smoked by an SV650... Now, not really a fair fight as one twin is almost half the CCs as the HD. So, let's talk the Super Duke. Maybe the Tuono. Maybe the SV1000 even. When we start talking more like machines, it gets it's ass handed to it.

Quit with the torque references. Please.

Well if you want to talk torque (HD guys always do for some reason) then no, a 600cc map bike DOESNT make 74 ft lbs, but they do make more than the STD sportster does with 1/2 the displacement. Now, let's level the playing field and put your 1200cc up against my 1299 cc and let's talk tq. Not only do I make more tq, I also make about 2x the hp, and 75 whopping ft/lbs or not, that 600cc japper is gonna walk all over that 20 y/o turd.

HD is doing what it does best. Selling an image. Do you think anyone would buy a 40y/o replica of a 90 hp japper? No. Why? Because the educated public knows it's a rip off. That's a way over due (by like 20 years) way over priced turd.

+1 million. I have a 1000cc inline with 185 minimal hp to the ground (over twice the ground HP as the HD) and my torque over 74 ft lbs. Wanna run for pinks?

the way I see it... it matters not whats on the side of the tank, but whats under it.... and as long as you are on 2 wheels.... what difference does it make??? I ride with HD guys and metrics, I ride with cruisers and sportbikes.... it don't freakin matter what you ride it's how you ride that says alot about who you are....

the way I see it... it matters not whats on the side of the tank, but whats under it.... and as long as you are on 2 wheels.... what difference does it make??? I ride with HD guys and metrics, I ride with cruisers and sportbikes.... it don't freakin matter what you ride it's how you ride that says alot about who you are....

The problem with the HD's is 75% of the people who ride them are complete assholes and tarnish the image for the rest of the riders that aren't assholes. And those 75% would rather walk then ride wih someone on a sport bike. I've lost count of how many times I've waved to someone on a HD and the rider just snuffed it off like they were better cuz of the heap of shit they were on.

Again, you're taking bikes out of a different league and trying to compare them. Like Lizard said.

I (well, maybe not me personally), but maybe or a more skilled rider, would easily follow you on an RC51 or SV1k - more akin to the Buell - and both those bikes are pigs too. Just not as much of a pig as a Busa.

Edited by JRMMiii