where to get a ls1.

Twistedrx7

ls1tech.com Just saw an LS1 with 50k miles for sale for $1000.

50k miles for $1000?

what was wrong with it? must not include the T56 or the wiring harness.

when i was looking at doing the swap a decent mileage LS1/T56 combo with harness was 3k-4.5k.

Ebay usually has some good deals.

50k miles for $1000?

when i was looking at doing the swap a decent mileage LS1/T56 combo with harness was 3k-4.5k.

My thoughts exactly. Hell, I have seen LT1/T56 combos go for 3+.

car-parts.com

strickers, lkq usually give warrantys on their engines. Now if you can get someone to buy you the engine that gets a good discount from them. (the dont give discounts easy btw so you have to get a shop that buys a lot from them. Like mine :))

BTW you want info ask TINMAN. He knows all this stuff.

if you dont get the harness with PCM and engine i would get the bigstuff 3 standalone engine management system for it, would about be the same cost of a computer and harness and programmer, but will be everything you will need for computer management.

good choice on the ls1 swap!

Jake, get with Chris with the turbo BMW. He can tell you the whole run down of what to expect for a swap..

Chris has about 4 LS1 motors sitting in his shop, i dont know if they are forsale but he would be a good person to talk to about buying and finding cheap lsx motors.

Roger, you get that timing set yet?

Sorry for the hijack, lol...

It's supposed to be here today. Leo should have got it in yesterday and he was going to get it out the same day.

Back on topic...

Twistedrx7, I might have some parts available soon if you want to peice one together. ;) Hit me up for details.

if you dont get the harness with PCM and engine i would get the bigstuff 3 standalone engine management system for it, would about be the same cost of a computer and harness and programmer, but will be everything you will need for computer management.

Yeah i was thinking about this. Ill take a look into it.

Jake, get with Chris with the turbo BMW. He can tell you the whole run down of what to expect for a swap..

Does he have a sn on here?

50k miles for $1000?

Im sourcing some out in tenn right now for about 2 grand for ls1/t56 and all that for 1400 - 1800

Twistedrx7, I might have some parts available soon if you want to peice one together. ;) Hit me up for details.

Let me know what you have available.

I will prob do a IRS 8.8 rear end with jimlabs cobra cradle. solid axles and diff driveshaft.

Actually, weight distribution is improved with the LS1....

An LS1/T56 weighs about the same as a 13bt with tranny, and weighs less than a 20b with tranny.

Why would anybody swap a 13bt into an FD? That is just retarded, unless you are just a little ignorant and didn't realize that the fd motor is the 13b-rew? Weight distributions is fantastic on a 20B n/a. It all depends on what you are building the project for.

Jackson

I can get a stand alone LSx harness with a 6 wire hook up and PCM reasonable. I can even get you a good deal on EFILive or a tune. The stk engine management is good enough, Jesse just sold his Camaro with stk computer that made 11xx and his Caddy CTS-V makes 11xx.

Why would anybody swap a 13bt into an FD? That is just retarded, unless you are just a little ignorant and didn't realize that the fd motor is the 13b-rew? Weight distributions is fantastic on a 20B n/a. It all depends on what you are building the project for.

Jackson

Its a 13b with 2 turbos strapped to it. I dont give a fuck what you rotards call it.

Its a 13b with 2 turbos strapped to it. I dont give a fuck what you rotards call it.

Calm down...it's an easier way of differentiating between motors...a 93 LT1 is not an LT-1, it's a completely different motor. A 13Bt and a 13BREW are two different motors with different characteristics. You really need to calm down. This is about an LS1 anyway.