270 Near Sawmill - Hiding Behind Barriers

Bahnstoermer1647545488

... I was always waiting to see this and they're finally doing it. 270 Outer belt coming up the hill as you round out left from the Rt. 23 area toward the Sawmill exit. They're sitting inside the median, backing the cruiser in between the split in the wall and lasering over it. All you can see is the gun. Stay to the right and user blocker cars :)

BS

They do this all over 270 where they hide in the barriers. At one time I saw a broken down cargo van on the left side. Then right in front of it was a cop car. It raced after the person in front of me speeding. Don't speed on 270 anymore. Not worth a $100+ ticket anymore.

The best is when they wait to the right of the freeway, just left of the sawmill exit in that little "V" shaped area. If you are in the far right lane but don't exit at Sawmill, they will be right there on the right at the base of the exit ramp.

Basically, you can't see him at all since the car(s) in front of you block the view. He's either catching folks racing to the exit ramp or those keeping right to avoid the fast.

It's a tricky area. Best to run a quick drive by....just loop from 315 back on 270 to Sawmill and see if it's clear, then double back and go for it.

I stand by watching cars ahead...brake lights will inevitably give a cop away. I also know right where their waiting spots are in that area as I'm there so much.

Come and get me baby :p

all that traffic going north is what kills it. they put in a right turn lane at the shopping center there by the Olive Garden and gas station and that is helping. however there are so many cars going north.....makes me glad we turn left to go home :)

I don't know why that section near the ramp always gets so bogged down so many lanes wide.

all that traffic going north is what kills it. they put in a right turn lane at the shopping center there by the Olive Garden and gas station and that is helping. however there are so many cars going north.....makes me glad we turn left to go home :)

Agreed... just wish it didn't F me up even though I'm going south :p Maybe I shouldn't move north in a few years :)

I live within 1500 ft of 270 by 315 and i would go 315 270 sawmill everyday to work at The Bob Evans late as can be going atleast 100 to 115 and ive never gotten pulled over on the freeway. The trick is know where they are, look ahead and dont be in the hammer lane if possible. Those infront of you will brake so hopefully you see these lights befroe you see the red and white ones.