I know its a litle early

Mr. Jones

1st year with AWD, and I still have my previous RWD. I'm hoping for a LOT of snow! :)

Just hold off until the 1st week of December. I'm going back to MA for a couple weeks around Thankgiving and there are some roads I want to hit with the summers still on.

That reminds me.. Anyone know if the local SCCA clubs put on any snowcross events? Damn that would be fun.

Are 235 wide tires too wide for snow? I'm looking to pick up a set of cheap snow wheels, and a set of snow specific tires for my Colorado. I'm thinking a set of 16x8" cheapy wheels with some 235/60/16 Hancook Icebear W300's.

Thoughts?

Also, what's a good amount of weight to put in the bed of my truck? I'm planning on loading up with sandbags and other necessities for this winter. It'll be my first winter in a RWD only vehicles, so I'm not sure how prepared to be. My first vehicle was a lifted 4wd truck, so I didn't really worry there. The past 4 winters I had a 2001 chevy cavalier which was unstoppable in the snow. But now, all I've got is my light-in-the-ass Colorado. Which I predict won't be very good in the snow.

We'll see.

But to answer the original post....I too, can't wait for some serious snow. I love this time of year.

Are 235 wide tires too wide for snow? I'm looking to pick up a set of cheap snow wheels, and a set of snow specific tires for my Colorado. I'm thinking a set of 16x8" cheapy wheels with some 235/60/16 Hancook Icebear W300's.

Thoughts?

Also, what's a good amount of weight to put in the bed of my truck? I'm planning on loading up with sandbags and other necessities for this winter. It'll be my first winter in a RWD only vehicles, so I'm not sure how prepared to be. My first vehicle was a lifted 4wd truck, so I didn't really worry there. The past 4 winters I had a 2001 chevy cavalier which was unstoppable in the snow. But now, all I've got is my light-in-the-ass Colorado. Which I predict won't be very good in the snow.

We'll see.

But to answer the original post....I too, can't wait for some serious snow. I love this time of year.

Various people will argue the merit of doing this in Ohio's rather snowless winters most of the time, but I went skinnier.

I run a 235/45/17 in Summer

And 205/50/17 In Winter

The skinnier the better is generally the rule, so long as the tire you select has the appropriate load rating for the vehicle its going on.

SCCA does not put on any winter events around here, but a few hours drive up in Michigan they do I believe.

Austin, I wouldn't worry about width too much as we never get that much snow here and they're snow tires so you should be fine. I would do around 500lbs or so, my dad uses around that on his 2wd non-locking rear end Sierra and does fine.

Thoughts?

We'll see.

Get at me we have cheap wheels and snow tires,

BTW I might be the proud owner of a 02 Grand Cherokee

Thoughts?

We'll see.

I never put sandbags in the back of either of my trucks and never had any problmes with traction.