I just saved a bunch of money....

V8 Beast

By switching away from Geico!!!!!

Heres the story....

My wife sends a payment over to geico, it gets lost in the mail. Then she sends the 2nd payment and it takes 1 day too long to get there. A week later we get a letter in the mail saying our policy was cancelled and that I needed to call to get it reinstated.

I call back and take ownership that the payment was sent out a little late because my job messed up my paycheck. However they took no ownership of the fact that they cashed my 1st check but did not update my account as paid. They then say "Im sorry but there is nothing we can do, you have to start over." Starting over means losing 8 years worth of good driver discounts, and taking my policy from $200 a month for 4 cars to over $600 per month for 4 cars. I made every payment early for 10 straight years, did not have a single accident that was my fault, or any tickets. Now all I get is sorry this is the only rate available for you.

I make my living in customer service and geico has the worst fucking customer service ever! If they get a chance they will mess over a long time customer just to make an extra buck. They told me I was high risk because I was rear ended by a lady this summer. I told them I was sorry I stopped at that red light and let her hit me. Then they said you should have made sure the payment posted on my geico account. I then said I figured since you took it from my bank that you would put it where it was suppose to go.....Fucking idiots!

You would think that since I have not sent a single claim to them in 10 years they would want my business. I just called progressive and was given a quote that was $200 less than theirs. I think its funny how the supervisor told me that every company would give me worse rates, but everybody I have called has offered me at least $100 less per month.

Geico gets a huge F!!!! If you have them make sure you never make a mistake because they are very unforgiving.... even if part of the mistake is their fault. In the end I talked to 10 reps and 4 supervisors trying to get someone that wanted my service. In the end the lady I asked to cancel my account didnt even try to save me. She let us go without a fight.

On the bright side I'm getting $500 put back in my account from these overcharging idiots, and my progressive account only took $250 to activate.

IF YOU HAVE GEICO LEAVE NOW!!!!! YOU CAN GET BETTER RATES IF YOU TAKE A MOMENT TO LOOK!

Gotta love insurance companies. Good luck with Progressive, I was a customer of theirs for about 5 years(over 2 different periods of time). I can say they treated me well for the most part. Ultimately though they lost my business when they sent me a letter which stated they were raising my rates by 11$ a month because of regional rate hikes. I have 0 points on my license, no tickets in the last 7 years, and only 1 accident which was over 6 years ago. They raised my rates out of the blue and it just did not sit well with me.

Long story short, I called Nationwide and they quoted me 30$ less per month right off rip. My deductibles also went from 500$ to 250$ with the same coverage I was receiving from progressive. I guess the bottom line is that it never hurts to shop around.

Gotta love insurance companies. Good luck with Progressive, I was a customer of theirs for about 5 years(over 2 different periods of time). I can say they treated me well for the most part. Ultimately though they lost my business when they sent me a letter which stated they were raising my rates by 11$ a month because of regional rate hikes. I have 0 points on my license, no tickets in the last 7 years, and only 1 accident which was over 6 years ago. They raised my rates out of the blue and it just did not sit well with me.

Long story short, I called Nationwide and they quoted me 30$ less per month right off rip. My deductibles also went from 500$ to 250$ with the same coverage I was receiving from progressive. I guess the bottom line is that it never hurts to shop around.

Now that I think of it I get a discount from work through one of these companies. I guess I'm not done shopping around yet...

Brian, call the Conley Insurance Center. They're my agent for Grange, and they and Grange are awesome. I've been with them since I started driving, and my family has a history with them for over 20 years. 614.837.2131

I got Anthony hooked up with them and he saved, IIRC, ~50% and got better coverage. I just switched my fiancée over from Travelers when she moved in and she saved over 25% and we both got better coverage.

Brian, call the Conley Insurance Center. They're my agent for Grange, and they and Grange are awesome. I've been with them since I started driving, and my family has a history with them for over 20 years. 614.837.2131

I got Anthony hooked up with them and he saved, IIRC, ~50% and got better coverage. I just switched my fiancée over from Travelers when she moved in and she saved over 25% and we both got better coverage.

Sweetness! Go Grange!

I think I may put a "Geico sucks" decal on my car if my wifes old boss finally gives us that vinyl machine.

Brian,

Check out our work webpage, I got an excellent deal from Traverler's. I have the 97 Volvo, Z71 pickup, 92 Mustang 5.0 and 87 vette for under $1200 a year. The only other company that was close was Cincinnati Equitable, which I was with them for 15 years. My classics are on a Hagerty policy. I have not had a speeding ticket in 20 years and havent had an insurance payout in around 7 years(that was a cracked windshield).

Everything Chris said is correct, and I'm much better off with Conley and Grange. I went from $392/month with $500 deductible on three cars after Progressive's price hike to $168/month with $250 deductible through Conley/Grange and saved on my homeowners through them and Metlife as well over $240/year over my first agent (who also had me through Metlife on higher deductibles and lower coverage).

I'm using grange now thanks to Chris and Anthony. CHeck with their homeowners too Brian. I went from 700 a year to $450 and better covereage.

My auto went up about $20 a month, but that's because of a fender bender about a year ago in my Lumina.

Guest Wunna Dig Race
I have a SBC s10 a 70 nova and a 95 Full Size Chevy Truck on my Policy I have 1 street racing ticket and I have one speeding ticket I am under 21 and I went through Farmers Last Year for my cars and home owners I pay $400 year for home and $135 a month for my cars. and my 95 is full coverage. I recomend Farmers In aug I got hit by a guy with no insurance I had my car fixed better than new in less then a week and it done over 3500 in damages

I was late once with Geico and I am in the "Preferred customer program" or whatever. They let it slide and said don't do it again. Perhaps it is because yours was such a big difference.

No I just happened to get the worst service in the world everytime I called. I know a few people at work that they did the same thing for.

imho, it has more to do with your local rep than anything. I've been with allstate for years and they never screw me on any mishaps. The local rep just handles them. Most know about me and my brothers mishap at norwalk a few years ago, it was the local rep that told me how to get my car covered even though the incident was at norwalk.

imho, it has more to do with your local rep than anything. I've been with allstate for years and they never screw me on any mishaps. The local rep just handles them. Most know about me and my brothers mishap at norwalk a few years ago, it was the local rep that told me how to get my car covered even though the incident was at norwalk.

What fence?

My brother failed on me and he went through about 40' on imaginary chain link on an imaginary return road in my imaginary new (at the time) camaro.

Sounds familar, sliding through imaginary grass, dodging an imaginary sign. I'm lucky I got my car sideways enough to stop. Mark (transamdrag98) over at Advanced Auto still talks about me. Here's one of his quotes...

"He may have beat me down the track, but I beat him back"