More 5 lug mustang talk......

Ryan218

well...here's the deal..i want to 5 lug my car come january...i can get a set of 18's bullets for a decent price from a friend...i know they have 295's in the back that are shirty as hell for traction ;) but that a side...here's the deal...I'm keeping drums in the rear by using ranger axles.....ill get a set from pick and pull....now for the front...i was just planing on using mark 7 rotors because being in high school...cash flow is low :( ...that being said..my original plans were to still 5 lug it this way but use a set of split 5's....but id much rather use some bullets!!...my favorite wheels...and i think i can get this set for pretty cheap......so Ive heard many different theories/stories about you CAN use bullets with mark 7 rotors by just leaving the dust caps off and this way the center caps will still be able to get put on or you go to the extreme and beat them in....now i know what your gonna say..just go with the sn95 front...well if your paying for it...fork over the cash ;) .....

so what ways have you done it...ive read sn95 brakes up and down and still i cant get a clear answer...

you are right about the back about going to pick and pull and getting ranger parts the axles are easy to swap out i have done it a few times already, I think you can do the cheap front route with the 5 lug conversion rotors around jegs or summit, I have been tossing the 5 lug idea as well i already have rear disc now so who knows..if you need any help on that project let me know or any help for that matter im a 5.0 vert expert

i have seen a few v6 sn95 stangs at pick and pull.

if you see one snag the fronts off it.

knuckle, hub, brake line, rotor, caliper and bolts and youll be good to go.

you can get every thign for around $80 i think.

you can also get the rear parts as well.

the axels will fit, and snag all the rear disc parts with it, brakets, calipers etc

im keeping drums in the rear for now...this is going to be my dd come the 20th so i need projects i can complet in a day as its my only car...when i paint it i may upgrade and do the bigger brakes....

for the 295's..yeah i know..im pretty sure its a 9" wheel....so will 255's fit on it? i know i can get 255's to fit easy ive seen people run the 295's by flipping the quads....

i know kevins brother has a 93 GT with the tri bars on it.... so pretty much wheels like this the only ones that going to fit? ones like split 5's, waffle ponys, ect? wheels with a bigger center section?

the widest tire you can fit that ive seen is 275s Fowler had them on his fox and he wasnt running quad shocks.

parts list

'94-95 spindles from a V6, GT or Cobra. They are all the same. Left and Right side. These will keep the stock front track. You can use the '96+ newer units, but the track will increase 8mm per side.

2 hubs. These come in ABS and non-ABS units. Either one will work. If you need a new ones, contact PPI for the best price on them.

2 hub nuts to spindle

2 dust caps

4 spindle to caliper mounting bolts (same bolts on all 94-present mustangs)

0.330" tall spacer, 5/8" inside diameter , 1.5" outside diameter (or a stack of washers totaling 0.330"). This is needed to properly fasten the crown nut on the lower control arm ball joint (the fox ball joint is about 1/2 taller than the SN95s and you will run out of threads, pic). If you are buying new tubular A arms, get them with the SN95 ball joints.

calipers and rotors

rubber brake lines that go from the caliper to the metal line.

you can pull everything off in one big chunk and save you time. instead of piece by piece.