STS Thread

Cougar1647545494

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That car has a 6 page layout in Vette Magazine December 2007 issue. There is an RPM graph in there.

From 4900 - 6700 rpm the car makes over 700rwtq that is as flat as a table. From 5100 and up the car makes 700rwhp all the way to 908.4 @ 6700rpm. Yes the car has some lag but I never race my car below 5000 rpm.

That car has a 6 page layout in Vette Magazine December 2007 issue. There is an RPM graph in there.

From 4900 - 6700 rpm the car makes over 700rwtq that is as flat as a table. From 5100 and up the car makes 700rwhp all the way to 908.4 @ 6700rpm. Yes the car has some lag but I never race my car below 5000 rpm.

what type of racing do you do?

would it be fair to say your normally at your powerband when the race starts? with the exception of launching, and theres really no dyanamics to it - just all in?

With a turbo car not only can you start to build boost from a roll by break boosting but you can also use a 2-step from a dead stop, creating load/boost where there is normally none/little. Yes, I would say that you would be all in it and like i said before I am sure there more efficent kits but the STS kit does work.

With a turbo car not only can you start to build boost from a roll by break boosting but you can also use a 2-step from a dead stop, creating load/boost where there is normally none/little. Yes, I would say that you would be all in it and like i said before I am sure there more efficent kits but the STS kit does work.

have you ever seen anyone brake boost coming out of an apex of a turn? that would be damn impressive.

work is relavant. nitrous works, can make the same power, but you wouldnt see it on road course?

So why dont you become a BA or whatever in marketing as well and tell them how to market their stuff.

Every sales dept has a bit of BS in their points of sales, i would know i am sales rep

a bit? the bush administration could only have taken it as far as STS...

have you ever seen anyone brake boost coming out of an apex of a turn? that would be damn impressive.

work is relavant. nitrous works, can make the same power, but you wouldnt see it on road course?

Like i said before i Drag race and roll race, I don't care about a road course. If I did then i would worry about lag and i would not want to build a 900rwhp car.

Like i said before i Drag race and roll race, I don't care about a road course. If I did then i would worry about lag and i would not want to build a 900rwhp car.

i didn't mean it as taunt, just trying to point out, numbers arent everything, and many have not experienced properly turboed cars, where throttle transients and response are critical...

if numbers are numbers, what makes the same idea at 500-600hp any different?

One of MTI's Z06's had a N20 set up for the Lap of America or whatever road race it was in. Spraying on the straights. Why wouldn't you use it on a road course?

For a Time Attack type event it's perfectly fine. For something that's running wheel-to-wheel for many laps at a time it's not.

One of MTI's Z06's had a N20 set up for the Lap of America or whatever road race it was in. Spraying on the straights. Why wouldn't you use it on a road course?

economy, durability, etc...

carrying speed through turns > speed on straights (which if you look at the history of one lap, was mainstream big hp)

i didn't mean it as taunt, just trying to point out, numbers arent everything, and many have not experienced properly turboed cars, where throttle transients and response are critical...

if numbers are numbers, what makes the same idea at 500-600hp any different?

Have you ever owned a turbo car? Or driven/raced a turbo car? If I was worried about throttle transients and response I would build a high compression NA car.

Have you even driven/own a car that make more than 400rwhp? I also know peak hp does not win a race; it's about power under the curve.

Now that you are trying to go off on a completely different topic I will help guide you back. STS turbo kits serve their purpose and work great in a Drag race/Roll race environment, which is where most use them.

Have you ever owned a turbo car? Or driven/raced a turbo car? If I was worried about throttle transients and response I would build a high compression NA car.

Have you even driven/own a car that make more than 400rwhp? I also know peak hp does not win a race; it's about power under the curve.

Now that you are trying to go off on a completely different topic I will help guide you back. STS turbo kits serve their purpose and work great in a Drag race/Roll race environment, which is where most use them.

yes to both questions - why can't an engine with a turbocharger have a linear output? Lingenfelter is a great example of a company that strives for it. you simply cant extract the same amount of power (under the curve) no matter what compression or rev limit doller per doller compared to a properly built turbo car.

now we're adding a caveat that the application is for drag/roll racing...

I just ordered 6 STS rear mount turbo kits:

1-For the ls1 RX-7

2-2500HD Chevy pickup

3-F600 Dump truck

4-3500HD utility truck

5-New holland 650 bobcat

6-JCB 210S backhoe

These are the greatest no lagging most efficient turbo kits ever made hence why I ordered so many.

http://smiliesftw.com/x/hsughugh.gif

yes to both questions - why can't an engine with a turbocharger have a linear output? Lingenfelter is a great example of a company that strives for it. you simply cant extract the same amount of power (under the curve) no matter what compression or rev limit doller per doller compared to a properly built turbo car.

now we're adding a caveat that the application is for drag/roll racing...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caveat

Im not smart what does caveat mean

I personally don't have the time in my day to read this entire thread, but there is one question that does come to mind.

Does this Cougar guy have any friends on here?

I know one thing, if I had your income at your age I sure hell would not be spending the majority of my free time on the net.

I personally don't have the time in my day to read this entire thread, but there is one question that does come to mind.

Does this Cougar guy have any friends on here?

I know one thing, if I had your income at your age I sure hell would not be spending the majority of my free time on the net.

No shit. I'd be so fucking drunk and probably have 9 kinds of STD's.