? for Joe (Nitrousbird)

SpaceGhost

Right from the WOW Home Page:

http://www1.wowway.com/cable/cable.aspx?ConIdent=2008&RCView=MAIN

NFL Network Exclusive Games

WOW! has been a partner of the NFL Network since we launched the channel on our Digital Basic service in 2005. After we made the commitment to deliver the channel to our customers, the NFL Network secured the rights to air eight games during the regular season. In order for WOW! to be authorized to show those games to our customers, the NFL Network is requiring WOW! to pay a substantial surcharge. We believe the surcharge they are demanding -- in addition to the programming license fees that we already pay them – is unfair and unreasonable. We believe we should be allowed to offer the channel in a separate programming package so that those customers who truly want to watch these games may do so and pay the incremental amount of money that the NFL is demanding. The NFL Network has not agreed to this at present. Consequently, they have not authorized WOW! to air these football games.

As sports fans ourselves, we know how frustrating this situation is to customers. However, we firmly believe our position is in the best interest of all WOW! customers – fans and non-fans alike.

FAQs

Q: Why did WOW! drop the NFL games that air on the NFL Network?

A: WOW! did not drop these games. The NFL Network will not authorize us to air the games unless we pay them a surcharge that is significantly higher than what we have already been paying them since we launched the channel.

Q: Why won’t WOW! pay the surcharge? I would pay more for the additional NFL games that air on NFL Network.

A: We have asked the NFL Network to allow us to put together a package for customers who would be willing to pay extra to be able to watch these additional games. The NFL Network has refused to allow WOW! the opportunity to present the games to customers in this manner.

Q: I already pay WOW! a lot of money every month. Why can’t you just pay the surcharge and give customers what they want?

A: We work continuously to deliver services at a fair and competitive price-value. The surcharge that the NFL Network is demanding, which we would have to pass onto customers, would seriously hamper our ability to continue to do so.

Q: This is a ridiculous situation. We customers are being caught in the middle and all you guys are doing is pointing fingers at each other. Are you going to fix this situation for me or not?

A: We do want to be able to provide customers with the programming that they want to see. However, we also need the NFL Network to provide us with options that are fair and reasonable, which they have not. We too are frustrated, but at this time we will not be able to air these games. We do not have any indications that this situation will change in the immediate future.

Q: What games are scheduled to air exclusively on NFL Network?

A:

Thursday, Nov. 22 Indianapolis @ Atlanta

Thursday, Nov. 29 Green Bay @ Dallas

Thursday, Dec. 6 Chicago @ Washington*

Thursday, Dec. 13 Cincinnati @ San Francisco

Saturday, Dec. 15 Denver @ Houston

Thursday, Dec. 20 Pittsburgh @ St. Louis

Saturday, Dec. 22 Dallas @ Carolina

Saturday, Dec. 29 New England@ New York

*The Chicago @ Washington game may also be available on the local broadcast channel in the Chicago area. Please check your local listings.

Looks like the letter I got from Time Warner trying to convince me why they wouldn't have the Big Ten Network.

A lot like it.

We do carry the Big Ten Network (BTN 1, 2, and 3, plus BTN 1 in HD).

Honestly, you have to understand how badly these channels try to rake cable companies over the coals.

Remember ESPN-U last year, and all of the BS surrounding the one OSU game on it? Now what do they have on that channel; no one ever seems to mention it anymore.

There has to be a give somewhere, and let me tell you, increasing the cable bill isn't something customers are willing to have. They want it cheaper no matter how good of a deal they are getting.