Chase Fucking Bank

87GT

What the hell is wrong with this damn bank? Why are they Jewish (part of my mom's side is so I can use this statement ;) )

Let me tell you a little story....

My mortgage was bought by CHASE bank. So when I inquiry about payment options I find some interesting information. The only way you will "NOT" get a service fee to pay your monthly bill is to mail in a paper check.

Get this shit... you can pay online or over the phone as 2 other options. If you want to pay over the phone there is a $40 service fee. To make it fucking worse you can setup automatic EFT withdrawn and get hit with a $12 fee. Shit pisses me off even more is how they word it. Word for word "When you use our automated system, you'll say 40% on the fee for this service, and pay just $12.00"

Even more fuel for the fire I had a huntington bank credit card for a balance transfer. This was a few years ago (closed out now). They were bought by CHASE. So now to pay online or over the phone there is a service fee. I can't remember what it was. Again even more worse the payment over the web or phone takes 3-4 business days to hit your account. If you want it to hit in one business day there is a bigger fee.

Seriously why should I have to pay a penality fee to pay you money I owe?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get what you are saying and paperless billing is so much more convenient. I just look at the bright side. If I pay by check the money sits in my account longer. Better in my account than in theirs.

FYI, Discover has no fees to pay over the phone. I use them and Chase. I only have Chase because it's my oldest line of credit.

I have Chase, zero issues with them. I have 2 credit cards (paid off, but have had balances before) + my Avalanche loan, checking and savings.

I can pay any of them online without a fee. I pay no fees for anything.

Does your bank allow you to pay bills thru your account online? I'm not talking about logging into Chase's website and paying; rather, logging into your bank account and paying that way?

I do that with Chase to pay all of my bills; and they will mail paper payments if necessary.

Yes I have 5/3 for everything else. I can pay bills through their online website. I do not do this though because I am paranoid about identify theft... I am going to do this if I can not refinance through someone else at a good or the same deal.

I pay all my monthly bills on their homepage. Each webpage has a different username and password. NONE of them require a fucking fee. CHASE should be the same damn way.

I have a Chase card - it EFT'd out of my account with no fee. Not sure where the disconnect is.

I do know if you need it paid immediately - ie you did not allow 2-3 days for the payment to post they charge you a fee to have the payment done immediately.

My House loan was just got bought by Chase also.

We're not off to a great start either.

First I get a letter with my new account number on it with a "coupon" so I can pay my bill. I send in my payment, 3-4 days later I get another letter stating that they made a mistake and had my loan # incorrect on the first letter and to send my payment using the new loan # with the new coupon they provided. I had to call them and spent at least 30-45 minutes on hold and had to speak to 3 different people because my loan had not technically transfered yet at that point and they couldnt find my information in their system. :mad:

My House loan was just got bought by Chase also.

We're not off to a great start either.

First I get a letter with my new account number on it with a "coupon" so I can pay my bill. I send in my payment, 3-4 days later I get another letter stating that they made a mistake and had my loan # incorrect on the first letter and to send my payment using the new loan # with the new coupon they provided. I had to call them and spent at least 30-45 minutes on hold and had to speak to 3 different people because my loan had not technically transfered yet at that point and they couldnt find my information in their system. :mad:

I had the same problem as you. They sent me out a wrong loan number, then a corrected letter with the correct loan number. CHASE didn't have my loan information until 12 days after they "officially" took over my loan. So I didn't send my check in until the 15th of this month. I am not sending a bank money when they don't have my information.

Did you have your loan through coldwell banker?

I work for Chase and while my mortgage is not with them, I do have checking/savings/credit cards/car loan through then as well as Fifth Third and can pay any and all online. But I work in a branch and we don't charge a fee to bring in your payment and it's posted same day. If you bring in your check/MO or cash to pay your mortgage at ANY branch, its free and takes 30 seconds.

I just work here and support the branch PC's/Servers. That is all.

home mortages and car loans suck to go with Chase. Credit cards.. Eh.. about the same.

I get a whopping .25 % discount on mortages and maybe .25% on credit cards (oh yay).

Just about everyone is doing "free checking" now. How do you think companies will be able to recoop their monies by doing this? Charging for just about everything else.