Byers Auto Employees

Benner

This question is for anyone who is or was employed by Byers auto group mainly as a technician. How do you like the job, are their pay rates decent, and do they treat you good.

The reason for asking is I'm about to get a second interview setup for Byers Chevy in dublin once they get the results back from my drug test and would like to get some info about them before I go in

I worked there and Ken Robinson will say anything to get you in the door! He spends too much time running the Dodge service and has no idea what the hell goes on in the Chevrolet side. My advise is to kiss the dispatcher and service writter's asses or you WILL starve. Byers is a good company to work and I would love to go back to a dealer but the automotive business is too slow.

Thanx for the honest answer John. If you don't mind me asking what do you think NTB would be willing to pay hourly wise or how ever they pay with someone like me being that I just graduated from an auto school with a automotive degree in management as well as Automotive Technology. Also what type of benefits do they offer.

Again thanks for the input.

Brian

Yeah depending on where I work at. It's called a specialized Automotive Management degree with Automotive Technology. I know I'm pretty much still gonna have to start out as the bottom of the barrel guy but I already have the training for management and service writer. But yeah it pretty much doesn't mean squat in this business.

Youve got a degree in bologna.

and you graduated from pizza hut university

i dont understand why you're always trying to bash someone, no matter what the reason. honestly, i would be more proud to say i had his degree than graduating from ANYWHERE and working at pizza hut. you can ramble on about how you think you're going to make millions and being the best pizza hut manager all you want, but in the end, you still work at pizza hut.

get over yourself for christ sake

but you don't have the hands on experance so your $30,000 paper doesn't mean much. you won't get paid jack because of it, dealers mostly. you can make better money at an independent garage or NTB like stores.

true-I made $23hr flat rate at Byers and my last check at NTB was $3190 for 2 weeks.