Anyone repair speakers?

6 Speed S4

The thing is that bose car audio systems usually run as a 1 or 2 ohm system making it quite difficult to replace them by themselves without replacing the head unit as well as the amp. It's basically an all or nothing deal. If you can figure out the resistance of the stock speakers then you can attempt to find a set that matches them and replace them with that, but that's going to be tough in a 4 ohm world.

The thing is that bose car audio systems usually run as a 1 or 2 ohm system making it quite difficult to replace them by themselves without replacing the head unit as well as the amp. It's basically an all or nothing deal. If you can figure out the resistance of the stock speakers then you can attempt to find a set that matches them and replace them with that, but that's going to be tough in a 4 ohm world.

Thank you for that info.... I was unaware of that. I have not worked in Car audio since I was 20, my info is outdated I guess.

I'm good enough with car audio to figure it out myself, I've done the system in my celica (with help), and in my audi I installed a line output converter to the stock bose amp and added a sub and amp to that. I actually just found a pair of used bose rear decks and picked them up for $50 in good working order so hopefully these last a few years and now I won't have to pay $150+ for speaker repair. Thanks everyone for your suggestions and info.