Let's discuss this situation

y2k2gt

Guest Removed
3 Weeks = Long enough to tear down a customers tranny to see if it was in fact an issue with assembly. End of story. As stated it takes all of a few hrs to strip a c4 to a bare case, should have checked it out. I can say this much, if i ever had a shop build or freshen a trans and it only lasted 12 passes, drive time to the track and a few dyno pulls, you can bet i would be pissed as hell.

true, but not if the one trans guy in the shop has two trans and a buick resto ahead of that trans. 2 teardowns benchs , that had 2 trans torn down on them. what was he suppose to do, tear it down on the floor? :confused:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He should have done something. A resto i'm sure could have a day or 2 added to it to allow the time to get this checked and fixed. Thats the shitty thing about being a small shop, sounds like a one man operation? He can still make the situation right and save his name, just quit acting like a 12 year old and eat the repair.

I can tell you from dealing with mike and rob before, they stand behind their work and I have seen them go out of their way for people. Mike depends on his name for business and would not have it ruined if he was in the wrong. He would make it right. Hell, I had them do a few things to my truck that was messed up because I was unaware of a problem and they still went back and re-did it.

Guest Removed
He should have done something. A resto i'm sure could have a day or 2 added to it to allow the time to get this checked and fixed. Thats the shitty thing about being a small shop, sounds like a one man operation? He can still make the situation right and save his name, just quit acting like a 12 year old and eat the repair.

no it couldnt! as soon it it was done, it was hitting a trailer and going to FL, for the winter!

and its not a one man deal. hes the only one there that does trans rebuilds! well im doing my own, and waiting to see how that turns out before i start doing them at home! but now they are down to one tech, since i left!

Guest Removed
I can tell you from dealing with mike and rob before, they stand behind their work and I have seen them go out of their way for people. Mike depends on his name for business and would not have it ruined if he was in the wrong. He would make it right. Hell, I had them do a few things to my truck that was messed up because I was unaware of a problem and they still went back and re-did it.

and thank you! but arron, im no longer working there! glad i could help!

OK

here's the situation

My parent's went away

on a weeks vacation

and

they left the keys

to the brand new porsche

Would they mind

mmmmm well of course not

I'll just take it for a little spin

and maybe show it off

to a couple of friends

I'll just cruise around the neighborhood

Well maybe I shouldn't

Yeah of course I should.

OK

here's the situation

My parent's went away

on a weeks vacation

and

they left the keys

to the brand new porsche

Would they mind

mmmmm well of course not

I'll just take it for a little spin

and maybe show it off

to a couple of friends

I'll just cruise around the neighborhood

Well maybe I shouldn't

Yeah of course I should.

Best Movie Eva?

Guest Removed
If I may ask why did you leave?

NO work = NO money.

new job = lots of work = money.

i have a large custody battle coming up. i have kids to feed and fight for.

and ill leave it at that. i gave no notice, and moved my box into my new job today.

its not like he picked up the phone and called either!

While this is true. I did send you a pm on 11/9/07 telling you I was going to take it some where else. It was I think around 3pm when I picked it up, so someone could have called me before I got and said " will will have it apart tomorrow"

Guest Removed
While this is true. I did send you a pm on 11/9/07 telling you I was going to take it some where else. It was I think around 3pm when I picked it up, so someone could have called me before I got and said " will will have it apart tomorrow"

and like i siad atleast twice now. I havent been on much lately. i seen your pm after you picked it up. so how was i suppose to even know? i cant get on cr at shifflets, nor have i been on much at all! why didnt you pick up the phone and call mike? i was advertising on there for shifflets to get more work in the door. and even when you got there, you seen how busy i was.

You were so busy on your cell phone that you didn't have time to even help my load up the transmission. You and the other worker were outside not working at all. The other worker there told me there was still 2-3 transmissions in front of mine. You guys then watched me take it with out even saying anything.

You were so busy on your cell phone that you didn't have time to even help my load up the transmission. You and the other worker were outside not working at all. The other worker there told me there was still 2-3 transmissions in front of mine. You guys then watched me take it with out even saying anything.

are you seriously whinning now?

i get it your pissed so would i but i know when i'm beat