GTO, starting to get respectable

GTO1

Finally not a bad time for a NA LS1 dragging 3750 lbs.

11.7681 @ 118.12 1.653

It was all in the 60 ft today. My next best was a 11.89. Don't think anyone could get a consistent launch today...but one is all it takes. :lol:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/GTO1/NewPb1176.jpg

Wonder what you would have gotten if you had the 6.0l. What gear you running?

According to LS2gto.com there's only 10 stock bottom 6.0 NA cars that have turned in a better time, and only 5 NA 5.7. so the difference between 6.0 and 5.7 is really pretty small after modding heads and cam. I'm using the stock gears. ...oh and my time is the best of all 04-06 NA GTOs in Ohio. :D

According to LS2gto.com there's only 10 stock bottom 6.0 NA cars that have turned in a better time, and only 5 NA 5.7. so the difference between 6.0 and 5.7 is really pretty small after modding heads and cam. I'm using the stock gears. ...oh and my time is the best of all 04-06 NA GTOs in Ohio. :D

nice. how hard are the longtubes to install??? i've heard you have to drop the power steering??

Hey I have an 04 GTO also. I just put longtubes on it and i want to get a tune, any suggestions? thanks in advance

Nick I would suggest cam, and if you can heads! The LS6 manifold will be good with those. Manifold can wait for now since u already have the LS6. Best to invest in a nice stall also! Those 4 will wake the goat! Also lil supporting mods

Wonder what you would have gotten if you had the 6.0l. What gear you running?

Probably would have seen 11.90's. The 6.0 are not all cracked up to what you guys think. It is all in the driver. Like Russ said once you start adding no difference. My stock 5.7 has murdered a couple 6.0's

Hey I have an 04 GTO also. I just put longtubes on it and i want to get a tune, any suggestions? thanks in advance

Absolutely get it tuned to wake up the LTS.

Step one for me was LTs, Borla exhaust and LPE CAI + tune. That got me to 318.7 rwhp 337 rwtq. The next step was Heads, Cam and Fast 90 all at once.

My last step was the torque converter.

So with your setup at least go to a good CAI also. The stock exhaust you have is ok but can be improved on cause its crimped in a few spots and the H pipe isn't functional. My Borla is is only 2.25 inches the same as the stock so you don't need to got to a 3 inch to get a good setup. As far as I've seen no NA LS1 A4 has higher rwhp numbers then mine so the Borla smaller diameter isn't restricting me as some would say.

You can jump right to a cam without heads but...my cam was a custom grind and was done knowing exactly what was going on the car and as such my 224/228 produces more then larger cams that people have installed. I've seen a lot of people do a cam first then heads later and not end up with good results because they didn't match up as well.