Local BEER

KillJoy

Who drinks it, and whatcha drink?

My personal favorite comes from Barley's Smokehouse over in Grandview. It is their Pale Ale. OMG!!! I have taken a few Groulers worth to a few Marauser gatherings, and the stuff is gone in a heartbeat, so I am not the only one ;)

A close second is Columbus Brewing Co's Pale Ale. You can get this one on tap in several locations around town, and buy it is bottles at the store.

Any other good local brews???

KillJoy

They brew budweiser up off of 161, you might have heard of it. It goes good with everything and it is like sex in a canoe...fucking close to water.

See you in a few hourz fer teh reinstallinz of ur tranny. I will be hungover.

hit up surly girl saloon if you like local beer they have over 50 kinds of beer on tap and more than half of it is local microbrew

Cool bar too.

...blue moon on tap (my favorite)

Your opinion in this thread has been revoked.

To the OP. I can only assume that you've had some of their (Barleys) beers in Firkin form on Fridays. If not, you need to go there on a Friday, or sometimes you get lucky and they still have some left on a Saturday or Sunday. You can also always get some of their beer cask conditioned. Good stuff. I haven't been there in a while as my parents used to live 4 minutes from there, so we used to go pretty often, but they live 30 minutes from there now. :o They also stopped selling the tuna steak, very very lame. I know I bought it enough from them to keep it on the menu. You should check out the one on High sometime. All of their food and beer is different.

A group of us used to go to the Elevator once a month... at least. Quite a few of us (myself included) have our MBA. I don't go there nearly as often anymore. From what I heard a few years ago they got a new brew master, and from what I've seen their beers aren't that great anymore. I still go there for food and atmosphere, because it's mostly great, as is the service. Although the time before last I went there my food and service was horrible. I've only been back once since then in the last year or so. I think it says a lot that I and many others on here used to go very often, and don't nearly as much anymore. I want to emphasize the atmosphere of this place. If you've never been, you must go there at least once.

Hoster's makes some decent stuff. My dad buys it and I will drink one when I'm over at their place every once in a while. I had no idea they were local.

I won't buy CBC since I heard this commercial from them after they were bought by Cameron Mitchel. It was emphasizing how they were a restaurant that happens to make beers and not a beer making place. I don't know why, but that pissed me off. And the fact that I don't know how you can keep making good beer with that mentality in management.

That chain that's in the arena district is utter rubbish. I went there once and they had 4 beers on tap, all Lagers and they were all horrible.

I heard an add on the radio for a new place. Does anyone know what it is or anything about it?

Keep the names and opinions coming. I'd love to visit/drink from some places I haven't before.

Yup, this post pretty much sums up the "stupid" comment I made up above.

Minors drinking w/ folks of age gets EVERYONE in shit.

:thumbup:

KillJoy

im sorry i dont remeber saying i was going to drink with you . i just said i like what i like

Your opinion in this thread has been revoked.

???? like i said, i used to go to elevator once in a while and enjoy a few of their different beers. i guess i'm not enough of a beer snob??

there's nothing wrong with blue moon beer. hell, i enjoy the stuff so much i was forced to build a 'special' refrigerator for it

my grandfather's old 1960 frigidaire, stripped to bare metal, and painted with several coats of automotive paint. i like to keep a fresh coat of wax on it--zaino's

http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/1939/s35000379xv.jpg

http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/1332/s35000013iw.jpg

hit up surly girl saloon if you like local beer they have over 50 kinds of beer on tap and more than half of it is local microbrew

50? I think it's ~24. They have a lot of Great Lakes, my favorite there is Bell's Oberon. That w/ their grilled cheese is fucking bliss.

But back on topic, I haven't really liked any of the local beers unless GL counts.

I like the idea of a monthly brewery gathering too. I'm in.