Drewhop

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ruger 10/22 for rifle. .22 caliber

Mossberg 500 in 20 or 12.

Walther P22 or Ruger Mark series .22 caliber

SKS is a good rifle. Its not pretty but its cheap and ammo is cheap by rifle standards and it has very little recoil. My Yugo sks shoots 10 shots i can cover with a quarter at 50 yds with me leaning on a table. sks is 7.62*39mm

Lol, I took my wife shooting today for the first time with her first handgun.

Ruger .357 Magnum revolver. She put them right through the middle at 15 yards after 30 minutes of practice, using the "defensive" rounds. It looks pretty too with the polished stainless and 6" barrel.

It's not scary, she's about as novice as you get. She's only shot rifles previous to today (yesterday now).

The recoil wasn't bad at all for her. I started her on .38 rounds, then weaned her from those to the 119 grain .357s to the defense rounds. It was all cake.

How about you take her to the range and rent her one, then run through the same practice I did with my wife?

EDIT: Better yet, we can all meet one day and you can use ours if you're free.

I know where blackwing is, its not far from my school. Blackwing=expensive. 229 shootguns are free and rifles and handguns are $5.00 for the whole day. Plus its outdoor and safety is a concern but there not as uptight as blackwing is, i stopped going there when they upped trap/skeet round pricing to 7.50. 229 is up 23 probably 10 miles past 36.

I went out to the parents house in Marion and let her shoot a Ruger 22 LR she enjoyed it. It was not planned so didnt have ammo for any of my other guns with me. I have a 45 cal hand gun but think it might be little to big for a starter handgun. I would be interested in going to a range on a sunday to do a little shooting.

Think i might go to a gun store tomorrow and have her hold a few see what feels comfortable for her.

Starter Handgun:

For plinking and fun: Ruger Single Six - Reason - cheap to shoot, VERY accurate

For Self Defense and self protection: Any 2"-3" small frame revolver in .357 - Reason - 38 Special can be use to get used to the gun, and for inexpensive practice. Carry the full power loads for use. A longer Barrel will help to tame the recoil.

:thumbup:

KillJoy

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/evan938/DSC01508.jpg?t=1187739250

got this on sale at vances a few months ago w/ 3 17 round magazines for 299+tax. i think even not on sale, theyre only ~379. solid gun. 9mm rounds super cheap (get 50 for 7-8$ on sale, and walmart usually has the same winchester rounds in a 100pk for 13$). ive taken my g/f to shoot it, as well as both of my brothers, my brothers g/f, and they all loved it.

also, its very lightweight, and can be disassembled for cleaning in <10 seconds

got this on sale at vances a few months ago w/ 3 17 round magazines for 299+tax. i think even not on sale, theyre only ~379. solid gun. 9mm rounds super cheap (get 50 for 7-8$ on sale, and walmart usually has the same winchester rounds in a 100pk for 13$). ive taken my g/f to shoot it, as well as both of my brothers, my brothers g/f, and they all loved it.

thats also a Glock knock off that S&W was sued over so you know its a good gun.

i have a Walther PPKS .380 that i'll be selling here in the next week or so. its a nice small gun.

let me know the next time everyone one is going to the range and i can bring it along with my to fav toys. AR-15 and Glock 22.

However, the in-laws also own 30 acres in Hocking Hills if you'd like to go that route as well.

if you go there let me know, i can show you some cool shit to try that most people are afraid to to with a gun. i know you'd be up for that though.

hmm.....30 acres......propain tank.......hmm.....

thats also a Glock knock off that S&W was sued over so you know its a good gun.

i did read that on one of the SW forums. apparently, they just milled something down like .030" so it was technically different

its a great gun. i already love it after putting ~200 rounds thru it

no there are alot of similer things. they were sued because how close in design they are not just the one change. you can put the S&W slide on my Glock, it won't fire but thats kinda odd how it will fit.

only 200 rounds? i easily have 15,000 at least through mine. my gun did brake once though. me and Ttemper where at the range and my slide wouldn't lock back anymore when i was out of ammo. there were 2 pins that broke and fell out, even broken that weapon never stopped fireing. that made me feel real good so i know that that thing will always work when i need it too broken parts or not.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/evan938/DSC01508.jpg?t=1187739250

I was just about to suggest this gun, or even better look for a used police carry S&W 9mm that was a female officer's. My gf has one and I have shot it a few times, very accurate and lightweight. It is also balanced very well so the noticeable recoil for a new shooter isn't as abrupt

I was just about to suggest this gun, or even better look for a used police carry S&W 9mm that was a female officer's. My gf has one and I have shot it a few times, very accurate and lightweight. It is also balanced very well so the noticeable recoil for a new shooter isn't as abrupt

How can you tell if a police trade-in was used by a female officer?

KillJoy

no there are alot of similer things. they were sued because how close in design they are not just the one change. you can put the S&W slide on my Glock, it won't fire but thats kinda odd how it will fit.

only 200 rounds? i easily have 15,000 at least through mine. my gun did brake once though. me and Ttemper where at the range and my slide wouldn't lock back anymore when i was out of ammo. there were 2 pins that broke and fell out, even broken that weapon never stopped fireing. that made me feel real good so i know that that thing will always work when i need it too broken parts or not.

you know, i did see when my sister was done firing, it was back in position and didnt lock back. i figured she had 1 left, told her to fire it again, but nothing happened. it didnt happen again, but ill have to watch for it when im back out shooting

How can you tell if a police trade-in was used by a female officer?

KillJoy

Smaller frame and lighter... it is just what they call them in the circle of people I shoot with... you can ask for the police trade ins and basically tell by the smaller size, lighter weight and smaller grips

i just got my mom a taurus PT24/7 40 cal it came with 2 15 round mags and lifetime repair warranty a vances for 439.99+ tax

that was the other gun i looked at. fit my hand much better, but i didnt like the fact it was much heavier than then sigma.