Starter Handgun For Wife

Drewhop

you also do not know what my background in shooting is and what i believe is a high standard. My grandfather was a expert marine shooter. My dad in the marines with the m14 was one shot away from perfect,hes an expert and the best shooter i know. And my brother who was just recently discharged from lima company is also a expert shooter. The only thing you just listed that seems impressive is that you can teach people how to shoot a autoloading pistol, too me and my family that is the single hardest skill to master. The only reason i said 25 and 50 yds is because at that range the gun is as accurate as i am. Any more distance and i outshoot the gun. Now if you really have all the accomplishment you say then you should beat me at 25 and 50 any shooting style and you should be stunned that im offering you to shoot my gun for free and since your gonna beat me the $20 would cover your gas.

ha my girlfriend could probably out shoot you.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you also do not know what my background in shooting is and what i believe is a high standard. My grandfather was a expert marine shooter. My dad in the marines with the m14 was one shot away from perfect,hes an expert and the best shooter i know. And my brother who was just recently discharged from lima company is also a expert shooter. The only thing you just listed that seems impressive is that you can teach people how to shoot a autoloading pistol, too me and my family that is the single hardest skill to master. The only reason i said 25 and 50 yds is because at that range the gun is as accurate as i am. Any more distance and i outshoot the gun. Now if you really have all the accomplishment you say then you should beat me at 25 and 50 any shooting style and you should be stunned that im offering you to shoot my gun for free and since your gonna beat me the $20 would cover your gas.

Sounds to me like your riding on your families accomplishments. What have you done? BTW if it makes you feel better every aunt, uncle, grandpa, and cousin of mine is in the Army and one in the core. But I dont ride their accomplishments, I just beat them in everything shooting related. :D

Sounds to me like your riding on your families accomplishments. What have you done? BTW if it makes you feel better every aunt, uncle, grandpa, and cousin of mine is in the Army and one in the core. But I dont ride their accomplishments, I just beat them in everything shooting related. :D

i was thinking the same thing. hell i was at a range one time and a marine

recruiter asked what i though of joining the marines and signing up for scout sniper. i was in untill they pulled my medical history and found screws in my ankle they they wouldn't talk to me anymore. my grandpa was an expert marksman in the army too and my dad is a trainer of trainers for 12 states in fire arms. so that must make me awesome just from there DNA.

i'll shoot with you, but money isn't my style and we can do your short distances even though you know less about your weapon than you think. also gives me a chance to sight in my AR.

"On the other hand, the 154 gr soft point 7.62x39 bullets have a slight advantage over the round nose 150 gr .30-30 bullets, at all ranges beyond approximately 100 yards, due to the spitzer shape of the 7.62x39."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SKS

Kahr PM9

Nice weapon aswell, you picked up where I lacked :) Taurus is garbage Ben, they're cheap knock offs. My Shooting experience at real Al-Qaeda > * :p

Go for the name brands with firearms, stick away from "deals" and cheap specials. There is usually a reason they sell crap guns for cheap. It's rare that Glocks, S&W's, Kahr's, and the like go on sale.

Drew2o2 Bragging about shooting wont get you anywhere. I have been shooting since i was 5 that doesnt make me special just 23 years of experience. I can shoot with the best no need to brag about it.

Redneck scott pwns us all Al qeida shooting experience trumps us all.

Scott been looking into the Glock 19 and i think spring time im gonna pick one up. Anyone got one i could try out at a range before then. It looks like a great gun have not seen one bad review anywhere. And the wife thinks it looks cool. Also figured it would be light enough for her to handle.

I've got a Glock 23 I just picked up. I personally don't have a 19, but @ Blackwing you can rent one. I personally just got my first Glock and love it. Had a few XD's and I like them too, but there's something about the Glock that fits right and shoots good. Next Glock is the 21SF here in a few weeks :) (My next Xmas present.)

I've got a Glock 23 I just picked up. I personally don't have a 19, but @ Blackwing you can rent one. I personally just got my first Glock and love it. Had a few XD's and I like them too, but there's something about the Glock that fits right and shoots good. Next Glock is the 21SF here in a few weeks :) (My next Xmas present.)

+1 for the Glock. i have a Gen 2 model 22 and that thing is tits. i have upgraded to a Ti fire pin, slide return spring shaft and a 3.5lbs trigger.

+1 for the Glock. i have a Gen 2 model 22 and that thing is tits. i have upgraded to a Ti fire pin, slide return spring shaft and a 3.5lbs trigger.

Amen. Glock is like the SBC or 5.0 mustang of the gun world. Got my 23 off Greg from Blackwing. I like it enough to scratch XD's and get the 21SF next, then maybe a 36 for GSSA shooting. I'ma keep the 23 basically stock, it's already got Trijicon Heine sights on it, I'm putting the Glock tac light on it and that's it. Now the 21SF I'm go a little nuts on it.

Aj or Scott I have had no formal training in guns. Im just a redneck who spent to many years playing with shooting or hunting. I was always a rifle guy. My 45 highpoint hand gun is first and only handgun i have ever owned. I got it cause it was VERY cheap and at least let me see how to shoot a handgun.

Is there any resources that are good for educating on proper handgun holding. Like you said you see 3 things wrong with that pic. How did you learn that. I dont know if im holding it wrong. I hit the target and im accurate so i figured i was doing it right lol.

Would a concealed carry course be a good idea just for further education. Rifles shotguns are pretty straight forward and easy to use but i dont know much about handguns past safety features cleaning and operation.

Aj or Scott I have had no formal training in guns. Im just a redneck who spent to many years playing with shooting or hunting. I was always a rifle guy. My 45 highpoint hand gun is first and only handgun i have ever owned. I got it cause it was VERY cheap and at least let me see how to shoot a handgun.

Is there any resources that are good for educating on proper handgun holding. Like you said you see 3 things wrong with that pic. How did you learn that. I dont know if im holding it wrong. I hit the target and im accurate so i figured i was doing it right lol.

Would a concealed carry course be a good idea just for further education. Rifles shotguns are pretty straight forward and easy to use but i dont know much about handguns past safety features cleaning and operation.

let me know when you want to go to a range and i will show you what your doing wrong if there is anything.

let me know when you want to go to a range and i will show you what your doing wrong if there is anything.

First week of december i might be free i will let you know. But just from looking at that target. I tighten up my grip. bottom right at about 5 o'clock mark.

The G-22 and G-23 have been mentioned in here. But I'd like a little more insight if you guys don't mind. I'm looking to pick up either one for home/CC/target shooting. All I info I can find seem to point out the Glocks are a pretty unmatched in terms of repeatability and reliability.

There are a few local places to me (out here in Utah) that have G-22 trade ins that are factory rebuilt. I haven't found a G-23 as of yet in this order. Cabela's however carries Highway Patrol issued and rebuilt G-22 or G-23's (pending on what their stock is) but at a slightly higher price tag. (guy says the do price match though)

My question is what do you guys who have experience with this gun recommend for use as a Carry Conceal weapon? I've felt both, and personally to me it won't make a difference. But I haven't carried one long term to find out what hindrance's the longer G-22 *may* cause.

It's either G-22 or G-23 for me. I don't want a sub-compact as they are too small for my hands. And I want the .40 cal, not a 9mm. So any G-17/19 talk is out of question :D

Factory rebuilds for a G-22 are $399 with 2 clips. Everything else is $499 out here.

The G-22 and G-23 have been mentioned in here. But I'd like a little more insight if you guys don't mind. I'm looking to pick up either one for home/CC/target shooting. All I info I can find seem to point out the Glocks are a pretty unmatched in terms of repeatability and reliability.

There are a few local places to me (out here in Utah) that have G-22 trade ins that are factory rebuilt. I haven't found a G-23 as of yet in this order. Cabela's however carries Highway Patrol issued and rebuilt G-22 or G-23's (pending on what their stock is) but at a slightly higher price tag. (guy says the do price match though)

My question is what do you guys who have experience with this gun recommend for use as a Carry Conceal weapon? I've felt both, and personally to me it won't make a difference. But I haven't carried one long term to find out what hindrance's the longer G-22 *may* cause.

It's either G-22 or G-23 for me. I don't want a sub-compact as they are too small for my hands. And I want the .40 cal, not a 9mm. So any G-17/19 talk is out of question :D

Factory rebuilds for a G-22 are $399 with 2 clips. Everything else is $499 out here.

i tend to be an hk whore, and love everything hk. i went with a uspc 40 with night sights. i'm a bigger dude, so carrying an hk isn't difficult. i carry mine in an inside the pant holster. it's comfortable, and doesn't print that much. i favor my right side anyway, so what little it does print, my arm/hand usually obstructs it.

i've owned a couple glocks. they're good guns, but they don't point well for me. some people swear by them, but don't go glock crazy untill you shoot a few hundred rounds through one.

negative, my hk usp tactical 45 > *

I googled that. Nice looking gun.

As far as "glock crazy" what do you mean? My intentions are to buy a used one to keep cost down. I have no intentions to modify one when I do buy. (though watching some full-auto converted glocks on youtube is bad ass)

Eventually I'd like to own a hand gun for my wife and me as well. This will be my first so since I really have no experience I wont be going "crazy" until I decide it's a good shooter for me or not.

Thanks for the input.

i tend to be an hk whore, and love everything hk.

HK's letter to their 'normal' consumers:

'In a world of compromises, some people put the bullets in the magazine backwards…

But it doesn’t matter, because our gun is on the cover of the Rainbow Six video games. Look how cool that SEAL coming out of the water looks… If you buy a $2,000 SOCOM, you will be that cool of an operator too. And chicks will dig you.

At HK, we stuck a piston on an AR15, just like a bunch of other companies have done, dating back to about 1969. However ours is better, because we refuse to sell it to civilians. Because you suck, and we hate you.

Our XM8 is the greatest rifle ever developed. It may melt, and it doesn’t fit any accessories known to man, but that is your fault. If you were a real operator, you would love it. Once again, look at Rainbow Six, that G36 sure is cool isn’t it? Yeah, you know you want one.

And by the way, check out our new HK45. We decided that humans don’t need to release the magazine with their thumbs. If you were a really manly teutonic operator, you would be able to reach the controls. Plus we’ve fired 100,000,000 rounds through one with zero malfunctions, and that was while it was buried in a lake of molten lava, on the moon. If you don’t believe us, it is because you aren’t a real operator.

By the way, our cheap, mass-produced, stamped sheet metal guns like the G3 and MP5 are the bestest things ever, and totally worth asinine scalpers prices, but note that cheap, mass-produced, stamped sheet metal guns from other countries are commie garbage. Not that it matters, because you’re civilians, so we won’t sell them to you anyway. Because you suck, and we hate you, but we know you’ll be back. We can beat you down like a trailer park wife, but you’ll come back, you always do.

Buy our stuff.

Sincerely

HK Marketing DepartmentHK. Because you suck. And we hate you.'

:D