#2 LSU Vs. #1 OSU

Buck531

I would love to see a Big 10 team go down there and whoop an SEC team, especially Florida, but like many I think Tebow will single handedly destroy them and add numerous more passing and rushing td's to his record. Ditto for Illinois, though I think they have a much better shot at beating USC though it's still slim.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had fun last year.... well.. up until florida's first drive.

LOL, true story. The place was going fucking beserk 15 seconds into the game. As Ginn's running it in (and, in fact was running directionally right at us where our seats were located), I'm thinking, "We could end up beating this team by 40 points." Then a trainwreck occurred and for the next what seemed to be 6173 minutes Florida proceeded to manhandle OSU. I still have nightmares of the fucking chant, "I'M PROUD - TO BE - A FLOR-IDA GATOR - SAID I'M PROUD - TO BE - A FLOR-IDA GATOR!" with the accompanying "Gator Chomp."

I still have nightmares of the fucking chant, "I'M PROUD - TO BE - A FLOR-IDA GATOR - SAID I'M PROUD - TO BE - A FLOR-IDA GATOR!" with the accompanying "Gator Chomp."

I remember that god damn chant so well that it actually goes.. IT'S GREAT...and so on. I wanted to shoot myself.

LOL, true story. The place was going fucking beserk 15 seconds into the game. As Ginn's running it in (and, in fact was running directionally right at us where our seats were located), I'm thinking, "We could end up beating this team by 40 points." Then a trainwreck occurred and for the next what seemed to be 6173 minutes Florida proceeded to manhandle OSU. I still have nightmares of the fucking chant, "I'M PROUD - TO BE - A FLOR-IDA GATOR - SAID I'M PROUD - TO BE - A FLOR-IDA GATOR!" with the accompanying "Gator Chomp."

Gator Chomp, more like Gaytor Chomp amirite?

I personally think it is sooo stupid how people always bash the Big 10 and say that they "can't keep up with the speed of the SEC" . The Big 10 isn't the way it used to be....they have just as fast of players as anyone else in the country...so yeah. Also...if the SEC is sooooooo great....why do their final scores often combine to like 70,80,90,or 100 points. Can we say no defense? LSU will be in for a big surprise when they play a team that has such a powerful defense as OSU. Also, their defense will have their hands full with a deep Ohio State roster that can show many different schemes. OH YEAH....OSU can also play smashmouth football right up the middle. The little prissy spread teams of the SEC don't see a lot of this.....they all like to run to the outside cuz theyre afraid to get bruises.

OSU all the way :)

So, LSU is a five-and-a-half point favorite. Of course they are.

Is anyone surprised at that?

I dont remember a big game in which OSU was not the under dog. I dont mean this season, i mean in past years. When we played Texas (both times), pretty much every recent bowl game (bad example). Im actually surprised the spread is only 5 1/2 points. And save for this year, im pretty sure we've been rated under dog's against MI recently.

Is anyone surprised at that?

I dont remember a big game in which OSU was not the under dog. I dont mean this season, i mean in past years. When we played Texas (both times), pretty much every recent bowl game (bad example). Im actually surprised the spread is only 5 1/2 points. And save for this year, im pretty sure we've been rated under dog's against MI recently.

We were decided favorites against Florida in last year's title game.

Not as high as I thought it would be.. Since it's a "home" game for LSU, that should be at least 3-4 pts right from the start.

Give it some time, it should rise a little bit, especially with continued reports of LSU getting healthier.

Good, they are healthier just as we will be. No excuses on either party.

Exactly. Should OSU win (and I believe that they will), then I don't want there being ANY excuses as to why LSU didn't win.

With a win over LSU - the team hand-picked by the nation to face us from SEC, regarded as the most dominant conference in the nation - in the title game, coupled with an win next year over USC - regarded as one of, if not the, most dominant programs in the nation since 2000 - then I think that OSU's reputation nationally will be, in the least, restored from the debacle involving Florida.

We were decided favorites against Florida in last year's title game.

Really? All I remember is several commentator's asking if OSU could hang with a team with such speed as UF. And comparison's made between Big10 vs SEC teams etc... I assumed UF was picked the favorite in that game.