Who can relate?

V8 Beast

After 7 years of working in the cell phone business I have decided that I need to move on. I'm having the "almost 30 young life crisis" and I want to change the direction my life is heading. I really need to be my own boss!!!! I hate the fact that I'm smarter than the people that tell me how to dress, act, carry myself, and sign my checks!! In a way I wish I were dumb.... Ignorance is bliss ya know.

How many of you in the almost 30 and over range have gone through this? It sucks because they pay well, but this was not the job I wanted to retire from. Suddenly I look up and 7 years have passed since I was hired there. My son is about to turn 9, my daughter is almost 6, and my wife of 10 years is turning 30 in March.

I feel you there. That's why I took a stand and went into flipping houses and started educating myself regarding work from home opportunities. There's a ton of money to be made, where you're in charge. . . and you make your own schedule, around YOUR life. I also do some home marketing for a few websites and have for the past 2 years been successful in not working for the man, but making this man work for himself.

After 7 years of working in the cell phone business I have decided that I need to move on. I'm having the "almost 30 young life crisis" and I want to change the direction my life is heading. I really need to be my own boss!!!! I hate the fact that I'm smarter than the people that tell me how to dress, act, carry myself, and sign my checks!! In a way I wish I were dumb.... Ignorance is bliss ya know.

How many of you in the almost 30 and over range have gone through this? It sucks because they pay well, but this was not the job I wanted to retire from. Suddenly I look up and 7 years have passed since I was hired there. My son is about to turn 9, my daughter is almost 6, and my wife of 10 years is turning 30 in March.

I know what you're saying. I just turned 34 in October. I'm wanting to do something similar and move on to something else, but I think I'm going to have to return to school so I've been looking into that. Can't get anything without a piece of freakin paper to show you've got skills. Who cares about hands on experience anymore. :(

I can sorta relate. I'm only 20 but a few years ago I had this really serious girlfriend. She and I had been dating for a couple years and I was thinking I might forgo college to be with her and stay in Columbus. Fast forward to senior yr in high school and she dumps me out of nowhere for some other dude. Needless to say I was upset but nonetheless I decided to make the best of it and started getting back in the college mindset. Then about 3 months later this guy leaves me a threatening note on my locker saying I should've never fucked with his girl. Then after school she's at my house crying, saying she's fucking pregnant and its mine. So this numbskull thinks I've been fucking his girl and now she's got my baby. A few days later this kid is waiting out by my car and a few punches are thrown, I end up on the winning end but we both get suspended. When our parents get there my mom is freaking out and takes me home and we have a long talk.

I got in one lil fight and my mom got scared,

She said 'You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air'

I whistled for a cab and when it came near

The license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror

If anything I can say this cab is rare

But I thought 'Nah forget it - "Yo homes, to Bel Air!"'

I'm with you man and can relate in so many ways (you know). Just when you think things couldn't get worse, guess what? They do. We've got to move on. Set a goal and make it happen.

I'll be in Florida ASAP with or without VZW. I plan to get my real estate license and do sales on the side for my friends company.

Hit me up. You and the Fam need to come over for dinner. We need to talk.

You just described my situation as well.

It is hard to leave a well paying, stable job, to only start somewhere new w/ a pay cut.

:(

KillJoy

I have a decade in my industry but not at my company. I change companies every 2 or 3 years. I don't do it because I am not loyal, I do it because they aren't loyal to me. I need 20 - 30% increase every 3 years or so. I don't get it, I walk.

we are all whores, we sell our services for money, I want as much as I can get.

I have a decade in my industry but not at my company. I change companies every 2 or 3 years. I don't do it because I am not loyal, I do it because they aren't loyal to me. I need 20 - 30% increase every 3 years or so. I don't get it, I walk.

we are all whores, we sell our services for money, I want as much as I can get.

Amen Brotha. It's all about time and time is money. Life is only so long.

Guest hotrodmama024
I hear ya on that.. Been in the mortgage buisness for 10 years now. Either i need to move out of state, or find a new profession. Mortgage freaking sucks in Ohio!

I'm only 22 and I feel the same way. I've been working or being educated about the automotive business for the past 5 1/2 years. It just gets to the point where you have no motivation and the bit of motivation you have is to get enough hours to be able to pay your bills. I think once my son gets old enough to start school I'm going to go back and try to become an auto shop teacher.

I can sorta relate. I'm only 20 but a few years ago I had this really serious girlfriend. She and I had been dating for a couple years and I was thinking I might forgo college to be with her and stay in Columbus. Fast forward to senior yr in high school and she dumps me out of nowhere for some other dude. Needless to say I was upset but nonetheless I decided to make the best of it and started getting back in the college mindset. Then about 3 months later this guy leaves me a threatening note on my locker saying I should've never fucked with his girl. Then after school she's at my house crying, saying she's fucking pregnant and its mine. So this numbskull thinks I've been fucking his girl and now she's got my baby. A few days later this kid is waiting out by my car and a few punches are thrown, I end up on the winning end but we both get suspended. When our parents get there my mom is freaking out and takes me home and we have a long talk.

I got in one lil fight and my mom got scared,

She said 'You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air'

I whistled for a cab and when it came near

The license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror

If anything I can say this cab is rare

But I thought 'Nah forget it - "Yo homes, to Bel Air!"'

So let me get this straight. You took a cab from Philadelphia, all the way to Bel Air? I'm not sure if I believe that.

Guest hotrodmama024
So let me get this straight. You took a cab from Philadelphia, all the way to Bel Air? I'm not sure if I believe that.

I cant believe he didnt get that. That made me lmfao! hahaha

Guest hotrodmama024
I can't believe you didn't get the fact he was being sarcastic.

Where in his post did it say anything about Philly?

uhh... doesnt look very sarcastic to me.

Being your own boss isnt that great either, you really got to hussle to make it and put in alot of time, trust me you will have yrs fly by just as fast working for yourself to especially trying to get a business started. Being your own boss does mean you can make your own hours but dont think you will be able to work 20 hrs/ week and make 100k a yr. Be ready for 60-80 hour weeks of just straight work, no fun time on the weekends or anything. Running your own company, you will only make what time you put in and how hard you work. Everyone gets sick of their jobs at one point or another. Just go make a decision, go out and venture on my own to stay here for job security..

Being your own boss isnt that great either, you really got to hussle to make it and put in alot of time, trust me you will have yrs fly by just as fast working for yourself to especially trying to get a business started. Being your own boss does mean you can make your own hours but dont think you will be able to work 20 hrs/ week and make 100k a yr. Be ready for 60-80 hour weeks of just straight work, no fun time on the weekends or anything. Running your own company, you will only make what time you put in and how hard you work. Everyone gets sick of their jobs at one point or another. Just go make a decision, go out and venture on my own to stay here for job security..

That did not even include paperwork or bidding on job, repairing equipment, dealing with customers , etc.

There are pluses and minuses to any job . The best job is one where you enjoy going into work everyday. Sometimes less pay = less headaches and stress. Sometimes it is a good trade off to have less stress at your job , as long as you can still make a living.

A job is just that, a job.

Exactly. If you do it the wrong way, owning a business just becomes "another job". The perfect scenario is to own a business that runs itself, in return allowing you to free up your time to do other things, business related or not.

For example...My friend opened up a Minute Man Pizza shop. The was about 4 years ago and he still work 60hrs+/wk. If he could hire someone to run it he could in return free up time to do other things. Yes this would cut into his profits but in the long-term the time he would free up could be used to possibly open another shop.