Cheap Installed Remote Starter

excell

Looks like there hasn't been a thread about remote starters since about this time last year. :)

Who should I see for a cheap, absolutely no-frills (can use the factory remotes for all I care) remote starter install for my 2002 TrailBlazer? I don't plan to keep the truck more than another year or two, so I don't care to invest into anything spectacular. All I want it to do is start.

Thank you. :)

Unfortunately, that's vastly out of my price range for this. I know and understand what you're saying, but seriously, I have such low expectations for this and I want to get out of it for really, really cheap. I'm talking Bulldog + labor cheap. The farthest distance I need it to start for is about 300 feet.

Yep.. $400+ is way out of my price range too. i was looking at something around $100. Hell, it would only be started from the house about 15 feet from the house to the car.

I'm going to be honest, finding a remote starter for $100 is kinda like a needle in a hay stack. A $100 remote start will not be the best quality aswell. Something for that price range will have a pretty high failure rate, even if you could find one for that range. Most places like to quote you only the remote parts itself, not the bypass (the brains) that you need that is vehicle specific. Having greater range mostly means you have a system that will send out mutiple signals, meaning 1 out of the 5 sent will hit and recieve. If you plan on keeping a vehicle for a while, and/or it sits outside, trust me when I say you get what you pay for with certain brands of remote starters.

circuit city did at easton did my dads comandor, i needed the bypass but the whole unit with install and everything was 360 out the door. I was even able to have them install it on the 15th of dec but not tell him untill the suprise christmas morning. Still working strong.

I need to know what the price would be, since i dont need the bypass (93 mustang) but it is a 5 speed.

circuit city did at easton did my dads comandor, i needed the bypass but the whole unit with install and everything was 360 out the door. I was even able to have them install it on the 15th of dec but not tell him untill the suprise christmas morning. Still working strong.

I need to know what the price would be, since i dont need the bypass (93 mustang) but it is a 5 speed.

We're more than able to do $360 out the door too, just not T-tapped like most the electronic stores like to do. On a manual transmission, there's a bit more to it. You have to set the parking brake, stick it in neutral, tap the start button, and then tap it again. It's more expensive on a manual, thanks to needed what you may call a clutch bypass. Connections should be sautered for the best connectivity ;)

Someone mentioned HH Gregg for $150.

Chris, Tom is still around and was their lead install tech for years. Seriously, I'll shoot you his number if you want it, I'm sure he'll accommodate you and even hook you up with a remote start kit since he's still friends with the techs over there :)