Cheap Installed Remote Starter

excell

I have Viper (DEI) Remote starter Put on my GTI and Corolla. I have a $600 system on the GTI and $250 system on the Corolla. Well worth every penny spent. Had Columbus Car Audio do it when I worked there. (I didn't spend that much on either system, but they would have still be worth it.)

At the end of this month, after I'm done working 7 days a week, I'll be getting this one for my truck:

http://autopageusa.com/t_inside.cfm?action=products&catID=1004&prodID=32ec4f06-0e11-4b15-b145-d28af84486d4

It has a range of up to 1 mile.

I'd stick away from that one, truthfully. Sticking with DEI company ie Viper or Python. I think the Autopage you were looking at has almost a 75% failure rating.

I know that with newer GM cars they have the BCM and I thought it required something special.... What all is needed or can it be bypassed and not effect the BCM.

I know that my fiance had one installed and since then, her radio doesn't stay on after the key is turned off as well as a bunch of other things that used to work.

I have been thinking about something as well for my GP... if I have an easy wiring schematic to install it and one that can tap into the BCM, then that would be sweet

I'd stick away from that one, truthfully. Sticking with DEI company ie Viper or Python. I think the Autopage you were looking at has almost a 75% failure rating.

Where did you get that figure from? Something you read? If so, where?

I am still in the business. I am just with a different shop now. Basic remote start installed will run about 175.00. They are compustar brand and are one of the best you can buy. Give me a call at 614-507-8183 if you're interested. Ask for Pete.

• 1 month later...

<--- mecp certified bestbuy installer

some bestbuys aren't any good at install, fortunately where i work everyone is required to get mecp certified and is trained very well

i agree with Redneck-Scott don't go somewhere that uses t-taps

bestbuy isn't gonna be very cheap... prolly about 307.98 plus tax to 280.00 plus tax depending on which one you get

<--- mecp certified bestbuy installer

some bestbuys aren't any good at install, fortunately where i work everyone is required to get mecp certified and is trained very well

i agree with Redneck-Scott don't go somewhere that uses t-taps

bestbuy isn't gonna be very cheap... prolly about 307.98 plus tax to 280.00 plus tax depending on which one you get

On the website they had a viper for $200 installed. I know it's extra for my g/f's 05 Civic, but I havent called to get a quote.. Which Best Buy do you work at?

yeah the basic labor is included, bypasses and anything else that needs to be done is extra

i work at polaris

i could probably get you a bit of a discount... but everything is computer controlled as far as prices go, so nothing like a local shop could only like 10 % off the bypass which is like 5 bucks off...

I have DEI remote starts on all my cars and trucks and they all work flawlessly. The most I spent on one is about $50 shipped off of EBay. Installing them is time consuming but easy. Look up your car on http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/ they will give you a list of all the wires you need to tap into. Most newer remote starts don't need a tach signal to operate so that makes the install a little easier too.

DEI makes a shit ton of different named remote starts from Viper to the cheapest looking $20 one you would find hanging on a rack at Walmart.

Most of the time I believe you get what you pay for, but not in this case.